Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

2 Posts

Default Excessive "Other" Data

I own a 64 GB iPod Touch 5th gen.; today I was syncing the iPod into my laptop and apparently the sync process took longer than usual so I cancelled the process (I believe that may be the cause of this problem). The problem is that my 'Other' storage bar, BEFORE, was and has always been around 2 to 3 GB, but now it's at 13 GB, which is ridiculously high. I wonder if my actions was the cause of this big rise of storage. My Safari data is only 4.1 megabytes. iPod has 50 apps which total 5.19 GB, no videos, music (lots of it) of 19.62 GB, 39.8 MB of photos, and 92.9 MB of documents & data. Any advice and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

I also had a problem with my songs, in which after the syncing process, some songs copied, so there were 2 files of the same song; and because i have around 2300 songs in my iPod, I had to manually look over every song and make sure which one didn't get repeated. ALSO, almost half of my songs were deleted, which made things frustrating. To save time of putting back songs from my library into my iPod, i clicked on 'Autofill", but then that made things even worse, recopying songs and adding more songs than what I had before.

My main issue now is that 'Other' big storage

Please help!
    iMore Intermediate

155 Posts

Default Re: Excessive "Other" Data

Try this application called phone clean. Its for PC and Mac. It works pretty effectively for me. Also, have you sent a lot of picture messages? If you never delete the message thread the pictures will take up space in the phone.
    Abrahan Ortega likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Nanite

2 Posts

Unfortunately, things got worse
    Using Media Repair & Media Clean, it makes the songs not play in which i selected to clean or repair. it also doesn't play the song if i drag it from my library, and now, my iPod won't stop syncing. PLEASE HELP, this is getting really frustrating
    Super Moderator

438 Posts
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts

At this point, you're better off just resetting your device and starting over again. That will fix any issues caused in the meantime as well, clear out whatever space is being taken up.