Mavericks Cannot Install on Hard drive

I

iMore Question

Okay so I have an late 2009 MacBook that is currently running Mountain Lion, no problems what so ever but I've been getting an error message like this : OSX Cannot be installed on "Eilish's Hardrive" and when I cursor over the image of my hardrive all it says is "This hardrive is used for Time Machine backups" even though I've disabled Time Machine and I've stopped it from even trying to use my hardrive. I'm not sure what to do, I've repaired it and I certainly have enough ram and free space for the update. It's downloaded fine and I've even deleted some things because I was worried I didn't have enough free space but I have 59GB of free space?. If anyone could help that would be great!!!!!

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
Okay so I have an late 2009 MacBook that is currently running Mountain Lion, no problems what so ever but I've been getting an error message like this : OSX Cannot be installed on "Eilish's Hardrive" and when I cursor over the image of my hardrive all it says is "This hardrive is used for Time Machine backups" even though I've disabled Time Machine and I've stopped it from even trying to use my hardrive. I'm not sure what to do, I've repaired it and I certainly have enough ram and free space for the update. It's downloaded fine and I've even deleted some things because I was worried I didn't have enough free space but I have 59GB of free space…. If anyone could help that would be great!!!!!

Even though this is for installing Mountain Lion, it's essentially the exact same issue - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4135902
I suggest giving that a go and seeing what happens. Do note though, that you should have a back-up somewhere if possible.