Found iphone 5 but is password protected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar thing happen to me at wal mart last year. I think the best thing you can do is leave the phone with airport security with your name and number because chances are that person will know generally where he lost it and probably already has asked the airport if they found it and have his contact information.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar thing happen to me at wal mart last year. I think the best thing you can do is leave the phone with airport security with your name and number because chances are that person will know generally where he lost it and probably already has asked the airport if they found it and have his contact information.

That is the best advice. Do not keep the phone. It's not like finding money on the ground. The owner of the phone would be very grateful for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No it does not show.

When you tap on the home button, does the carrier name not appear at the top left corner? Hopefully, they've enabled the "Find My iPhone" feature. If so, and if they're local, someone may be contacting you. By the way, I'd like to think that someone will call the phone eventually giving you the opportunity to ascertain information about the owner. That could also be useful to police and the wireless carrier.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No one is moral, we're all twisted in our own little ways. The way I see it, everyone is out to get theirs, I'm no different.

Put that phone in DFU mode and enjoy....

And if it were you who lost your phone you'd seriously be ok with whomever found it not even trying to find you/return it?

Sorry, I'm not buying that. Sounds like a fairytale to me.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
First off I want to say that I would like for you to return this to the owner.

Does it have SIM card?

If yes, take it out and check for the imei on the SIM card holder. It should tell u info on carrier n whatever else.

If I was the owner, I would have that imei reported eventually. Sadly there are a lot of thieves and ****** bags out there. I would advise all to do so.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
No one is moral, we're all twisted in our own little ways. The way I see it, everyone is out to get theirs, I'm no different.

This would be the time I say something bad to you or call you some bad name, but I can't do that, so I'll just finish by saying that Karma is a $&#* and I hope it somehow comes around your way and bits you on your backside...

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. I found an iphone 5 on an airport but it is locked with a password, is there anyway to bypass this?

So you just registered in the site to ask how to bypass a phone that's not even yours... Without even mentioning that you want to call the owner to give it back or something?

2 options:

1. You're mentally challenged and hoped for someone here to give you a quick answer for your problem, when you don't have any background here and thinking we were born yesterday... Not really smart from you my friend

2. You want to give it back, therefore your question. But, instead of trying to unlock it for whatever purpose you want us to believe, you could just give it to airport security, call Apple or whatever carrier it is and I bet you they'll find the owner.

My answer after this (situations like this make me really mad) is that you SHOULD give it back. If you decide to keep it, I hope someone kicks you in the nuts and then steals the phone from you. That's all I have to say

yzjustdatguy

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

If find my iPhone is on even restoring the phone using DFU won't bypass the activation lock. You need their iTunes password

ios4ever

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
No one is going to tell you here how to Erase it... We are all power users of all things Apple... I would gladly give 50$ if someone gave me back my phone after finding it.. You Sir are not trying hard enough.. SIM card will say what Carrier it's from and go there and get them to call owner...

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I had a student who found an iPod Touch within a folded up newspaper. The kid decided to keep it for himself, and hide that fact from his parents. Every time I saw him I wanted to smack him upside his head for not turning it in. Now I just hope that the same thing happens to him someday when he has to pay for it.

Turn the thing in to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice