jailbroken ios5 to non jailbroken 6.1.3

I

iMore Question

I want to unjailbrake my phone and manually update to ios 6.1.3. I already have the ios downloaded and know how to manually install it. My question is, is there any steps before hand that I should do before i update? Will all my apps be deleted? Contacts? Will it effect my authenticaters for several games?

Thanks

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
First of all backup the phone whether through iTunes or iCloud. Then when you are ready put the phone into DFU mode and when iTunes recognizes a device in recovery mode hold the Option(Mac)/Shift(Windows) key and click restore. Then point to your ipsw and it will reload the device and remove the Jailbreak. What model of device do you have? If the device can go higher than 6.1.3 like an iPhone 4, 4s, 5 then you will not be able to load 6.1.3. Apple stops signing the ipsw when newer iOS versions are released. Once they stop signing you can't load the OS onto the device without their authorization(signing) of it.

Anyway providing you are able to load up 6.1.3 restore from you backup and all your data will be put back onto the device. Some people recommend setting up as new especially with backups from a Jailbroken device. I have never had an issue restoring from my backups but that is not a gaurantee you wont have problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner