- iMore Nanite
- 7 Posts
iPhoto and iMovie app duplicates. HOW DO I REMOVE!?
I JUST got done updating my iPhoto (to version 9.5) and iMovie (to version 10.0) on my MBP from the app store since I had purchased the update before, I didn't have to pay. Anyway, when I clicked on LaunchPad, I noticed that the update had actually installed completely new apps rather than replacing the old ones I had. When I click on the older versions of those apps to open, they come up with a message saying "To open it, you must upgrade to the latest version of iPhoto." Whereas the older iMovie actually opens and is fully functional. I don't want the older ones on my computer, anymore...
My question is: How do I freaking remove these? Is it safe to uninstall using AppCleaner? I'm afraid if I do, I will lose my iPhoto Library with all my billions of pictures!
Please help! I've already restarted my MacBook after the updates, but nothing seemed to have changed...
- 10-22-2013, 06:03 PM #2
- By penkou in forum iOS 7Replies: 21Last Post: 05-24-2014, 04:00 AM
- By sting7k in forum Accessibility & Special NeedsReplies: 33Last Post: 10-25-2013, 06:26 AM
- By BLiNK in forum BBM for iOSReplies: 15Last Post: 10-25-2013, 02:17 AM
- By Daniel Ratcliffe in forum MacBook ProReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2013, 09:40 AM
- By johngirolamo in forum iOS 7Replies: 4Last Post: 10-22-2013, 07:15 PM