Buying 5C at Walmart: Can I take it to an Apple Store?

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to be picking up a 5C in a few days at Walmart since it's a great deal. Originally I was planning to buy at an Apple Store, since I know I'd be able to bring it there for help. If I buy it elsewhere can I still bring it in? I've never dealt with Apple customer service before so I have no clue. I was planning to put the savings towards AppleCare as well, so if I purchase that can I take to an Apple Store for replacements?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to be picking up a 5C in a few days at Walmart since it's a great deal. Originally I was planning to buy at an Apple Store, since I know I'd be able to bring it there for help. If I buy it elsewhere can I still bring it in? I've never dealt with Apple customer service before so I have no clue. I was planning to put the savings towards AppleCare as well, so if I purchase that can I take to an Apple Store for replacements?

Apple provides support for every one of their products at the Apple stores, regardless of where you purchase it. Their basic warranty covers there products for 1 year and provides 90 telephone support. You can purchase additional warranties through Apple that extend the support coverage to 2 years and include telephone support for that same 2 year period... but regardless of where you buy your Apple product, you can always take it to an Apple store for help - in warranty and out. Of course there are time/material charges for repairs/replacements outside of warranty. But help and advice is always free.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Apple is known for their superior customer service. And unlike many other warranties it DOES transfer to the new owner, at least the Apple Care does. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

To add to Fausty82 I saw it suggested before launch day. If you're going to get Applecare+, which is an awesome idea btw :yes:, make sure you keep your receipt from Walmart to prove the date of purchase when you go to buy your Applecare+ from Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal