iphone 5 backup

I

iMore Question

I'm hoping some one can help me, I've had a new iphone 5 after my last one was stolen. When setting up the new phone it wouldn't let me back it up to my latest back up as the phone wasn't ios 7. So I could only back it up to july. The phone is no ios 7 how do I get my other backup on this phone? Thanks in advance Ben

benrs125

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
It was from the cloud. I'm not to clever with Apple as I was in the stone age with blackberry so if I'm doing it wrong will you help me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping some one can help me, I've had a new iphone 5 after my last one was stolen. When setting up the new phone it wouldn't let me back it up to my latest back up as the phone wasn't ios 7. So I could only back it up to july. The phone is no ios 7 how do I get my other backup on this phone? Thanks in advance Ben

If the backup you are trying to restore was created on a device running iOS 7 and the device you now have is running iOS 6 then no, you will not be able to restore with that backup until you upgrade the device to iOS 7.

If the backup you're trying to restore was created on a device running iOS 6 or earlier and the new device is running iOS 7 then you should be able to without any problems.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
JustMe'D :

Thanks for the reply. The phone is now updated to iso7 where do i go so I can back it up to my latest backup.

You stated above that the backup you were referring to was an "iCloud backup". If so, do the following:

1. Connect your device to your computer and initiate the computer's iTunes app
2. After iTunes recognizes your device, select the "Summary" tab.
3. While in the summary tab, scroll down to the "Backups" section and select "iCloud". Afterwards, you should be shown the latest iCloud backup date.
4. Select "Restore Backup". Note: If you have the Find My iPhone feature enabled, you will have to disable it on the device first.

If you do not have access to a computer, you can go to Settings>General>Reset and then select "Reset All Contents & Settings". Doing so will erase everything on the device and bring you back to a point where you have to select the language and then it should ask if you want to restore from your iCloud backup.

benrs125

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I am now on itunes, I've clicked on the icloud on the backup section but i can't click on the restore backup button. Should i click the restore iphone button and then try and restore backup from there?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am now on itunes, I've clicked on the icloud on the backup section but i can't click on the restore backup button. Should i click the restore iphone button and then try and restore backup from there?

Do you see something similar to what is depicted in the screenshot below?

Screen Shot 2013-10-14 at 4.45.02 PM.png

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're absolutely certain you created an iCloud backup as mentioned in one of your earlier replies, then sure. Go ahead and select "restore iPhone", but after the restore and after the device reboots, you should be prompted to select a language. Afterwards, you should be given the option to restore from an iCloud backup. Be sure to have the passcode handy for your Wi-Fi network, just in case.

benrs125

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes I've got the screen like that but the restore is like ghost, I can't click on it. Think I'll just have to restore the phone, but will it keep the ios7 other wise I just be in the same place I am now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I've got the screen like that but the restore is like ghost, I can't click on it. Think I'll just have to restore the phone, but will it keep the ios7 other wise I just be in the same place I am now.

I understand. Just update us when you're done, if you don't mind...:)

benrs125

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all your help done as you said, It pulled up my last backup. only thing is the *** that stole my phone has deleted everything and changed the language. Your a top man though It would of would of worked if it wasn't for him

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2