Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Location reminders ios 7 unreliable

Hi,

I have been trying to get IOS 7 location based reminders to work reliablily with no luck. I have followed your guide ,reinstalled a fresh copy of ios 7 & checked all settints.
    I have contacted apple support with know helpful info, but to escalate it another department. besides your form I haven't found any helpful info. I don't think it is a used feature.
    I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada so it may not be supported.

Thank you.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,931 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Re: Location reminders ios 7 unreliable

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    Hi,

I have been trying to get IOS 7 location based reminders to work reliablily with no luck. I have followed your guide ,reinstalled a fresh copy of ios 7 & checked all settints.
    I have contacted apple support with know helpful info, but to escalate it another department. besides your form I haven't found any helpful info. I don't think it is a used feature.
    I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada so it may not be supported.

Thank you.
    Might be a canada thing mine works fine just make sure all your location services are turned on
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,161 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

It may not be supported and that might have been the first question to have asked them. If supported and you are setting up a reminder like call John when I get home and you have locations services on and your info with address and everything set up as a contact as well, It should work fine. I am still on a a 4S waiting on the 5S but on iOS 7 and use location based reminders quite often flawlessly. Hope all works out for you.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

iMore Nanite

This worked for both of my iPhones (5 & 5s)
    Go to Settings - General - Reset
    Press "Reset Location & Privacy"
    Attempt to establish a Location based reminder using Siri
    Siri will tell you that you need to enable reminders in "Settings - Privacy - Location Services"
    Once Reminders is enabled return to Siri and establish a Location based reminder. You should see the hollow arrow geofence graphic in top information bar. Your reminder should alert as in ios 6 now.

Over several days of setting reminders to alert when "arriving/departing home or work" the alerts have become more precise...meaning instead of alerting within a half mile of destination/departure point the reminder alerts more like 300 to 500 ft. of the destination/departure point.

IF you open the reminder app you will have to repeat the above process. I've put the reminder app in a folder with other system apps I don't use and pushed it to my back page. I just don't use the reminder app now.