need to do away with email preview

dph3430

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
When in another application or when iphone5 is unlocked, all incoming emails pop up in a preview screen with buttons to Dismiss or Reply. How do I keep these from popping up? (I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 7.0.2)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When in another application or when iphone5 is unlocked, all incoming emails pop up in a preview screen with buttons to Dismiss or Reply. How do I keep these from popping up? (I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 7.0.2)

If you don't want it to display at all, simply go to Settings>Notification Center and then scroll down to the Mail settings. Tap on the mail icon and then change the alert style to "None". If you simply don't want to see a preview of the mail message, scroll to the bottom and disable "Show Preview".

dph3430

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
No help. On the Alert Style, I left "Alerts" selected because I want to she incoming mail on the Lock Screen. But I de-selected the "Show Preview". Now I get a pop up that shows I have a message and Dismiss and Read as the options.

dph3430

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
If you don't want it to display at all, simply go to Settings>Notification Center and then scroll down to the Mail settings. Tap on the mail icon and then change the alert style to "None". If you simply don't want to see a preview of the mail message, scroll to the bottom and disable "Show Preview".

Still getting a pop up that says I have a message and with the options of Dismiss or Read. I want to be able to see the incoming email in the Lock Screen, just not these pop-ups.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Still getting a pop up that says I have a message and with the options of Dismiss or Read. I want to be able to see the incoming email in the Lock Screen, just not these pop-ups.
You want to be able to read the entire email message from the lock screen. Right? If so, that is currently not an option.

dph3430

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
You want to be able to read the entire email message from the lock screen. Right? If so, that is currently not an option.

No, not view the entire message on the lock screen, just a small preview that indicates there's an email and the source and topic. I had this on my iPhone 4 and the 5 as well. These pop ups have just started recently - I think perhaps with the last software update (unless I have accidentally changed some setting).

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, not view the entire message on the lock screen, just a small preview that indicates there's an email and the source and topic. I had this on my iPhone 4 and the 5 as well. These pop ups have just started recently - I think perhaps with the last software update (unless I have accidentally changed some setting).

Then do the following:
1. Go to Settings>Notification Center and then under "Alert Style", choose "Alerts".
2. Scroll down and then enable "Show on Lock Screen".
3. To see the topic, you will have to select "Show Preview", however, I also recommend that you go to Settings>Mail, Contact, Calendars and then scroll down to the Mail option and change the Preview to "1 Line".

​Doing the above should give you what you want.

dph3430

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Then do the following:
1. Go to Settings>Notification Center and then under "Alert Style", choose "Alerts".
2. Scroll down and then enable "Show on Lock Screen".
3. To see the topic, you will have to select "Show Preview", however, I also recommend that you go to Settings>Mail, Contact, Calendars and then scroll down to the Mail option and change the Preview to "1 Line".

​Doing the above should give you what you want.
Thank you. It actually looks like I need to change the ALERT STYLE to none, but leave on the Show On Lock Screen. That change appears to do what I'm wanting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. It actually looks like I need to change the ALERT STYLE to none, but leave on the Show On Lock Screen. That change appears to do what I'm wanting.

I'm glad you got it taken care of...:)...Take care and have a great weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2