iOS 7 - Cant save pictures from Mail program anymore to camera roll

I

iMore Question

I have an iphone 5, and i see the arrow below the picture in my email and 'save image' is one of the options when i click that arrow, and i am clicking on it and it appears to work as normal but it simply doesn't save it in the camera roll. tried it 50 times. and its not a network issue, as ive tried it in different wifi places, and it works on my 4s perfectly, that still has the old operating system. this only started happening since i did the ios7 update, and i have checked and updated the new versions. help.

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
No problem, let us know how you make out. I had a similar issue with an app but it was based on my privacy settings more so than anything else, don't think that would the case here though as it's a built-in app.

riffcat

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
If you receive a picture via email or text message in ios 7 and when you press the action icon to save the picture and you do not get the option to save to your camera roll. Press and hold on the the image and you will get an overlay pop up to save the image. I have no idea why some attachments don't have option in action menu to save in the camera roll but by experimentation and earned frustration I found the above to work in certain situations.

Be well and have fun and feel rewarded in your frustrations. For without challenges, life would be an utter bore.

khryse

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Dear Riffcat, Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have had this problem many times and I've done many searches trying to find an answer. Just today, I have spent at least 2 hours searching for an answer to this problem. You have no idea what a relief this has given me. I realize that this is 2 years after your original post, but I just had to let you know how helpful this was to me. Also, I wanted to let anyone else who reads your suggestion know that this is definitely a solution that works. :smile:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73