iPhone 4s keeps restarting itself every 15 seconds

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone 4s IOS 7.0.2 that is about 1.5 years old and it keeps restarting itself every 10-15 seconds. It can hold its charge still, it is not jailbroken, I recently restored it and it worked fine for about 1 day but now it is acting up again. It registers on my computer but I can't restore it again because I can't disable "Find my iPhone" on my phone. Please help me get it operational until I can get a new phone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As long as you are the owner of that iPhone you can turn off find my iPhone with your Apple ID and Pass Word. This is a new security feature within iOS 7. You can not turn it off without doing this first.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
As long as you are the owner of that iPhone you can turn off find my iPhone with your Apple ID and Pass Word. This is a new security feature within iOS 7. You can not turn it off without doing this first.

I think what they mean is that the phone restarts so often they don't have enough time to do the operation.

Did you try to hold the power and home button until the phone shuts off then power it back on? If that doesn't work then my advice would be to take it in to the Apple store. They would have tools to look at it and see if there is any way they can either stop the issue or reload the OS. Even though it's old because of the way it is behaving they might even swap it out for you.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think what they mean is that the phone restarts so often they don't have enough time to do the operation.

Thanks, that part I got, however, I didn't understand why it is necessary to turn off the Find My iPhone feature in order to do a restore as the OP had mentioned.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, that part I got, however, I didn't understand why it is necessary to turn off the Find My iPhone feature in order to do a restore as the OP had mentioned.

lol sorry when you try to reload the OS iTunes will not let you do it unless you turn off Find My iPhone. I can't remember if it's the same when you just hit Restore since I haven't done a Restore on iOS 7 yet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4s IOS 7.0.2 that is about 1.5 years old and it keeps restarting itself every 10-15 seconds. It can hold its charge still, it is not jailbroken, I recently restored it and it worked fine for about 1 day but now it is acting up again. It registers on my computer but I can't restore it again because I can't disable "Find my iPhone" on my phone. Please help me get it operational until I can get a new phone.

Login to the iCloud website via your computer, and remotely wipe your iPhone 4S. That should at least stop the reboots and get you back to where you can setup your device again. You will still need to enter your Apple ID and Password afterwards, however.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro