Going thru Gigabytes like crazy on IP 5S

I

iMore Question

What can be the problem? Two days out and I'm over 2 GB. End of cycle, now three days out and I'm over 2 GB. I've deleted tons of stuff. e-mails, photos, videos, apps. Any other ideas? Basically, a FB, e-mail, phone user. Nothing fancy. Had lots of pics but they are gone now. I ordered 4 GB and was told that was plenty but at this rate, it will last 6 days. Not getting answers from Verizon other then to increase GB.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Do you use any streaming apps? video, music, radio those can eat data like nobody's business. How many email accounts do you have? are they set to push/fetch? Do you use any map apps sometimes when they pull down data that can be pretty big.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Two suggestions.

1. Download Dataman Pro. It will monitor your usage and notify at set levels of usage.

2. Use a compression browser such as Opera mini. It will save you a ton of data.

Sent from somewhere.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I think we are at the time that most will always use more and more. Hopefully data plans will be better price for those on consumer plans.

Last edited:

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
It will show you what apps are using your data and by what amount as opposed to just a total number.

Sent from somewhere.

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Onavo? (Onavo Extend) It compresses data, not only in safari but in all apps, everything, and seems to save quite a bit. On wifi it does not have an effect. Streaming Video is not compressed, secure banking sites are not compressed but everything else is. It's sometime finicky but worth it if you need it. In speed tests it does add to the ping times and slows LTE slightly, but on the up side it speeds up a bad signal data connection throughput.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Last edited:

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Karen's advice is probably most helpful to you, but I would still advocate using a compression browser like Opera mini

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW