Outlook mail contact sync.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I just bought the 5C. I am pleasantly surprised on its build quality.
My problem is my Outlook contacts will not sync to my phone.
I have my Gmail merge with my Outlook mail. So another words, any mail that comes on to Gmail will go to my Outlook mail.
I had to set up my Gmail account so my contacts will sync to the phone.
For some odd reason, none of my contacts from Outlook will sync, only two show up.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. 😊
9y5e2eqa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I just bought the 5C. I am pleasantly surprised on its build quality.
My problem is my Outlook contacts will not sync to my phone.
I have my Gmail merge with my Outlook mail. So another words, any mail that comes on to Gmail will go to my Outlook mail.
I had to set up my Gmail account so my contacts will sync to the phone.
For some odd reason, none of my contacts from Outlook will sync, only two show up.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. 😊http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/07/9y5e2eqa.jpg

Outlook.com account? If so, your contacts should sync, especially if you set it up via exchange. Mine do.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Outlook.com account? If so, your contacts should sync, especially if you set it up via exchange. Mine do.

I tried both Outlook and Exchange. Both came up empty. The second account is my Gmail account. I have that set up so my contacts will sync. I am baffled at this point,and ready to unmerge the accounts. Thanks

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried both Outlook and Exchange. Both came up empty. The second account is my Gmail account. I have that set up so my contacts will sync. I am baffled at this point,and ready to unmerge the accounts. Thanks

Hey Joe, congrats on your iPhone 5c and glad to see you on this very helpful forum.

I am not sure what you mean when you say that your gmail and outlook are merged. I have the emails from my gmail and roadrunner account forwarded to my Outlook.com, is this the same with you?

Mine synchs fine and always has but just as a test, can you click off contact sync on Outlook and when it prompts back asking whether you want to delete the contacts from your phone, say yes.

Then go into your contacts and verify that couple contacts it did synch are gone.

Go back to your settings and turn contact synch on outlook back again. See if they sync now.

Good luck, hope it works out for you. :)

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey Joe, congrats on your iPhone 5c and glad to see you on this very helpful forum.

I am not sure what you mean when you say that your gmail and outlook are merged. I have the emails from my gmail and roadrunner account forwarded to my Outlook.com, is this the same with you?

Mine synchs fine and always has but just as a test, can you click off contact sync on Outlook and when it prompts back asking whether you want to delete the contacts from your phone, say yes.

Then go into your contacts and verify that couple contacts it did synch are gone.

Go back to your settings and turn contact synch on outlook back again. See if they sync now.

Good luck, hope it works out for you. :)

Thanks Charlyee,
Yes my accounts are like your Roadrunner account. Unfortunately your method did not work. What's odd, it's like Outlook only added my first and last contact. And left out everything else.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out. When I go into the pc and into Outlook. On the manage side,if I click off Google. The two contacts are shown in Outlook, so technically I was seeing my Gmail contacts and not Outlook. I will fix it another time, Charlyee you were right. This is a nice forum. Thanks for all your replies. 😊

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. When I go into the pc and into Outlook. On the manage side,if I click off Google. The two contacts are shown in Outlook, so technically I was seeing my Gmail contacts and not Outlook. I will fix it another time, Charlyee you were right. This is a nice forum. Thanks for all your replies. 😊

We're glad you figured it out, and thank you for updating us. Take care...:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2