Activation Error problem

I

iMore Question

Ok so I have problem, Im a medical student and one of my colleagues was telling me earlier this summer he could get me ios7 for free. So I gave him my phone, he plugged it into his computer and when he gave it back to me, i was ready to roll with the new ios7. It was buggy but cool. However, once ios7 actually came out, I wasnt gettingi notifications for any upgrades. Well low and behold, I got the Activation error message yesterday and after a lot of research on it, Im realizing its a pretty infamous thing.

Long story short, I did a bunch of tutorial videos, updated iTunes to the newest. deleted the #74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com in my host file.
Put it in DFU mode, Tried to option restore it to Iphone 5,1_6.1.4 restore and keep getting the Not eligible for this build. Tried it with a diff computer, nothing works. I know it can be bypassed, because when I called the dude who did it for me, he said the same thing happened 3 days ago to him and his buddy fixed it.

I just want this thing off, Ive literally spent my whole day trying to bypass it and Im just ready to move on with my day. PLEASE if anyone can help, please do. I have rounds all day in the hospital tomorrow and I need to have my cell phone working so I can get calls from my attendings.

To save the trouble of asking questions, my host file now looks like this:

##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1 localhost
fe80::1%lo0 localhost

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Delete the current ipsw file from your computer.

2. Put your device in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes, and then select restore. You should be prompted to restore and update.

3. When finished, restore your device as new.

4. Alternatively, you can download the ipsw files directly from http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why did you edit your hosts file? go to the link in my signature that says unable to update. Like was mentioned above you can either do the update through iTunes or you can download the ipsw and do it manually.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods