Why aren't I getting texts

I

iMore Question

My daughter just texted my wife and I. She got the message and I didn't. I get calls and I can access the internet so I am obviously connected. We all also have our settings set to use SMS if iMessage is down.

What the **** has Apple done to iMessage in this latest release?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Reboot your device and / or go to Settings>General>Reset and then select "Reset All Settings".

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There is a known bug in iOS7 and Apple is testing and seeding iOS 7.0.3 to fix the issue. For now I would disable iMessage until it is fixed to make sure you are not missing any messages.

The update should be out soon, luckily Apple can push it OTA.

Angela Sotomayor

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok..I don't know if you've had your questioned answered, but maybe this will get around. I own an iPhone 4s and my text messages weren't going out to an Galaxy Note. What I did was: I changed their contact info from iPhone to Mobile. Turned phone off, Then back on.. then texted them, originally the text went as imessage, then about a minute later, it changed to text message and now we have no problem. I hope this helps you, or anyone else with a android phone that is having difficulty receiving texts from iPhone users.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2