Having an issue with imessage with only one of my contacts!!

I

iMore Question

PLEASE HELP!

I am not receiving iMessages from my boyfriend, we both have the iPhone 5 and we both have the new update. It is only happening with him and nobody else, we both tried shutting off our iMessage and then turning it back on..we also both have rebooted our phones and that is not working either. He is receiving my iMessages and responding back and I am not receiving what he says back. I also reset my network settings, and logged out of iMessage with my apple id and then logged back in...Does anybody have any suggestions??

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried do set up as new and i know it is the old standard answer and a pain but it might work, nothing to lose and if that does not work, try and contact Apple support. :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Go into Settings, Messages and under Send & Receive check where your phone is picking up messages? I had the same issue with my cousin and it was because his iMessage was set to pickup at his emails but his phone number wasn't checked. I had to turn it off and then back on then checked to make sure it was checked. If it is checked then try killing the app from multi-tasking, turning both imessages off. Turning off both phones and then powering back on and activate iMessage again one phone at a time. Then send test messages to each other.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods