Since downloading IOS7.2 on my ipad 2 I get no sound alerts on my calender or reminders. Any ideas anyone?
- 10-03-2013, 07:10 AM #2
1) settings/general. Check to see if your side switch is not set to mute, if it is, then check your switch on the side of your iPad to be sure the orange isn't showing. If the orange is showing then toggle it off and your sound should come back.
2) settings/sounds. Check to make sure your sounds are set to the tones you want.
3) try turning your iPad off, wait a moment, then turn it back on. If that doesn't work then try a reboot-hold your home button and on/off buttons TOGETHER till you see the white apple logo (ignore the slide to power off) when you see the white apple logo, let go. Hopefully when your devices boots up you'll have sound back again.
Last thing if those there didn't work...restore.
- 10-03-2013, 07:39 AM #3
Further to what is above even if your mute is off try turning the switch to mute then turning it back on. I had the same thing happen on my iPhone where it wasn't making sounds for notifications and I toggled mute on and then off and the sounds came back. These little glitches are part of early versions so nothing out of the ordinary. You can also try turning the volume up with the volume buttons and see how high the volume indicator is.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 02-11-2015, 07:55 PM
- By seashell93 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 10-03-2013, 10:41 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2013, 02:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2013, 02:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:07 AM