Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By bamf-hacker
  • 1 Post By bamf-hacker
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default I can't stop my iphone from sending text messages instead of iMessages

Last week my messages were taking forever to go through to my husband (we both have iphones and have imessaging turned on). So...I opted to send the message as a text message. This happened for another group of messages I was sending to a different person. Now, I can't get any of my messages to my husband to be sent as imessages. I've turned the imessage feature off then on, I've re-booted my phone; I checked his phone; I re-entered my Apple ID...NOTHING WORKS! However, when I try to send messages to a different person with an iphone, it works and sends the message as an imessage.

Default Re: I can't stop my iphone from sending text messages instead of iMessages

Try disabling and re-enabling iMessage on his phone. That should jump start it for you. Don't forget to reboot afterwards.
    vn906c and kathrynv1010 like this.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: I can't stop my iphone from sending text messages instead of iMessages

Quote Originally Posted by bamf-hacker View Post
    Try disabling and re-enabling iMessage on his phone. That should jump start it for you. Don't forget to reboot afterwards.
    Thanks...I did both of those things and it hasn't helped. I tried the Reset of the Network settings too. This worked, but I lost about 4 conversations in my messages.

Ha... reset the network settings was the next thing I was going to recommend.

Glad you are working again and Welcome to iMore!!!
    kathrynv1010 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Any idea why I would have lost those conversations?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

When I updated to iOS 7 it asked me if I wanted to update my network settings because VZW indeed had an update for the new iOS so that is what could have happened in your case.
    iMore Newbie

Is this the same for the 5c? I don't think my phone wants to send messages to people who don't have iPhones, but I might be wrong since I've only got like, two people to text anyway,
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspun View Post
    Is this the same for the 5c? I don't think my phone wants to send messages to people who don't have iPhones, but I might be wrong since I've only got like, two people to text anyway,
    iMessages only work between iPhones. Any other phone it will be sent as a text message.