Non iMessage recipients

C

Cindy Lou

Hi everyone... I am not understanding the process to be able to text/sms a recipient that does not use a Mac device from mi iPad 3... I am only able to send iMessages to others that have a Mac device that has iMessage installed. I have no problems when messaging from my iPhone to any recipient..

Thanks All:

Cindy Lou

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The first part of your question is because of the link between Apple. Any Apple device is going to allow you to send an iMessage to someone no matter what you are using and as long as the recipient is using and Apple device that is able to have iMessage. If it for some reason it cannot send an iMessage because of a problem on Apples end it will be sent as SMS.

[COPY] I am only able to send iMessages to others that have a Mac device that has iMessage installed. This would be true and how it should work.

[COPY]
I have no problems when messaging from my iPhone to any recipient.. This would be another true statement. The only thing that puzzles me is your word about the process you don't understand. Is everything and everyone involved equal and up to date using the same OS as in 7 which we are on now and your latest OS on the Mac?
​If I am missing something please let me know.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In summary, SMS primarily works via cellular data whereas iMessages work via cellular & Wi-Fi, and that is why you can send both iMessages and SMS messages via your iPhone, but can only send iMessages via your Wi-Fi Only iPad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner