Why can't I accept Outlook calendar invitations on iOS 7?

I

iMore Question

Ever since I upgraded to ios7 I can't accept Outlook calendar invitations. I used to be able to open an email attachment, and the calendar appointment appears on my iPhone calendar. I would then go to the calendar and can press accept or decline. Now with iOS 7, I receive an email with a calendar-looking icon labeled "mime-attachment.ics" that I can't open and nothing happens on my calendar.

rdubmu

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't accept Outlook calendar invitations on iOS 7

I was having this same issue with my wife's 4s.

I sent my wife an invitation using outlook.com from my Nokia Lumia 920, I sent the invitation to her work email, and her personal email.

At the time she got the invitation she accepted her work email via outlook 2010 on her work computer.
When she got home (she doesn't have access to her work email at home) she tried to accept the invite.

What I did was deleted the invitation, and resent to her only using her personal email (outlook.com) and on the ipad, it accepted it. :)

I hope this helps!

Hopekzn

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Hi, having the exact same problem. Am desperate for a solution please, can anyone assist?

Mark Kirkpatrick

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Set your iphone email up as an imap account. You will not be able to accept appointments using a pop email account. Delete your pop eamil address from the phone, then re-add the email address as an imap account. When the phone prompts you as to what type email account, use other, then enter the account settings, it will default to imap.

Joy Ward-Dockrey

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Great info as I too send calender invitations to myself and then when I try to accept them on my iPhone5 I can't.

I'm dub - could you please walk me thru the process of hanging from pop to the other one (imap?) Many thanks from Vancouver, BC Canada

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73