Will an AT&T Go Phone SIM card work in a Verizon iPhone 4S?

I

iMore Question

I use AT&T prepaid go phone. If I get a Verizon iPhone 4S and put my AT&T go phone sims card in e Verizon iPhone will it work?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
re: Will an AT&T Go Phone SIM card work in a Verizon iPhone 4S?

No.

The Verizon iPhone4S GSM SIM slot is locked to prevent the use of SIMs from US Based - North American providers. It is only unlockable for use with SIMs from international providers.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

What he said ^

However, on the iPhone 5/5c/5s (and any other LTE device) you can use a SIM card from the US. It has been shown to work, although, not without any issues. Your mileage may vary!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

However, on the iPhone 5/5c/5s (and any other LTE device) you can use a SIM card from the US. It has been shown to work, although, not without any issues. Your mileage may vary!
Voice too or just data? SInce voice is still on the CDMA parts of the phone, doesn't Verizon still require the device be OEMed for Verizon? Can one take an AT&T 5/5C/5S and put their Verizon SIM in it... and put the device's MEID on their account via MyVerizon and have a fully working device?

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Voice and data, although data will be on its faux "4G" network (HSPA+)

As for an AT&T iPhone working on Verizon, no. AT&T Model A1428 can't be used for VZW, whereas Verizons Model A1429 can be used for just about any carrier, but it will lack support for certain features, in AT&Ts case, it's LTE network.

(By the way, the model numbers I used above are for the iPhone 5)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73