Can't restore 7beta6 backup to new ios7

7beta6fail

Has anyone been able to successfully restore backups to their ipod after upgrading from 7beta6 to 7? I feel like I've tried everything, has anyone else had problems? My theory is that the my restore fails because i had a 7beta6 backup and tried a manual restore straight to ios7. Maybe this is a bug? If you think you can help,i will consider you a genius, lifesaver and a god. Please read the ultra-detailed saga of my troubles below. thanks!!

When Ios 7 came out I backed up my ipod 5th gen (running 7beta6) to my computer and then on the computer, I manually updated (I had to restore manully insted of checking for updates because my ipod and itunes software said it was up to date (the beta believed it was already an ios 7)). So I shift clicked the "check for updates" button, and then chose the ipod 5 ios 7 update, it downloaded. Once restored it opened to the slide to set up screen. On my Ipod, I went through the setup process until I got to the point where it asked if I wanted to set up as "new, restore from back up, or restore from the cloud". I chose restore from back-up.

Next, working from my computer (an Acer pc with windows 7) I updated to itunes 11.1 (necessary to work with a fith gen running ios 7). After update, I confirmed that my music and apps were still in itunes. I clicked the ipod button and it showed me the "Set up new ipod page". Meanwhile, My ipod still showed restore in progress. On itunes (in the PC) I chose the restore from back up option my most recent backup was there and i clicked it. After a few minutes into the restore I received the dreaded message 'iTunes could not back up the ipod because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the ipod". oh no!!

I went into my backups folder in windows explorer and made a copy of the back-up and investigated the files, they are all there, I would be surprised if they are corrupt. I realize I should have a) downgraded to ios6 before updating to ios7 or b) used icloud..ever..lol. but now that i'm in the jam does anyone know a way out of it?

cheers!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Turn off the iPod. Wait a few seconds and then turn it back on. Also, reboot your PC. Put your iPod in DFU mode and then connect it to your PC via USB. Allow iTunes to restore it again and then when prompted, attempt to restore from the backup you mentioned above.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro