Can't text among other things from my 4S running on iOS7... Pls help

I

iMore Question

Shortly after updating my device to iOS7 I noticed that I was not able to check my credit balance. I'm from the Caribbean and in my country they use codes for certain transactions (the code is *120#). Upon punching in a code and sending, the info/instructions corresponding with the transaction should just appear on the screen, but each time I try it puts a call out (It's not limited to that code, I can't use any of them... *143#, *137# etc) I also realized that I wasn't able to get through to two other numbers which corresponded with balance inquiry either, "120" and "121". I restored the phone on itunes twice, on the first attempt only another problem arose, I couldn't send text messages (iMsg was unaffected). So I restored it once more, but this only rectified not being able to call "120 and 121". I've tried almost everything to fix. Can anyone out there help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My friend i must be honest here as i am not quite certain what you are looking for with the first part about codes, getting balances and so on. Now in terms of and if you mean just plain straight out texting/iMessaging I am puzzled why you cannot do this providing you have gone into your setting and verified that you have iMessage turned on which simply means to go into settings as i mentioned and look for messages, Check to see if it is toggled on. Is so there is no reason through WIFI or cellular data that you can't send out text messages.

Anyone else have any input for our guest here?

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Karen and I should be clear that I know what the short codes are and used for, having said that and standing on my other part of not sending text messages, Karen does have a point and you may want to call your carrier and have them walk you through the sections of what will allow proper provision to be able to text (SMS) or iMessage as I had mentioned earlier. Good luck. Wlcome to iMore.

Being a guest and finding this forum, How did you hear about iMore? How did you fins us and the forum and what would it take you to become a member as opposed to as a casual guest?