What caused the message screen on my iPhone 4S to be blank?

P

pzoltek24

Today my message screen went blank. I can read messges in the header on top of my screen when they arrive or after I first slide my phone open. But when I turn on messaging, the screen is blank even though it shows that I have 3 messages. I went to Settings and I reset all my settings. The message screen is still blank and on my home screen the message icon now has an exclamation point next to it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The screenshot would be huge and have you tried a hard reset by holding down the Power and Home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo and then let go, See if that makes a difference.
Thank you for the question and becoming a member of iMore does not cost you anything but a few mins you know. :)

guest1123

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
The same thing happened on my iPhone 5s. It's only when I try to text one number. Everytime that number texts me the notifications go up but won't register as read. I've tried closing the message app, turning my phone off and back on, and holding the lock butting and home button until the apple logo appears but nothing is fixing it. Help please!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The same thing happened on my iPhone 5s. It's only when I try to text one number. Everytime that number texts me the notifications go up but won't register as read. I've tried closing the message app, turning my phone off and back on, and holding the lock butting and home button until the apple logo appears but nothing is fixing it. Help please!

What iOS version are you using and have you tried signing out of iMessage and then signing back in?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They restarted their phone and it didn't fix anything. I can send sms messages with iMessage tirned off

You should be able send SMS messages with iMessage toggled on. Do you have "send as SMS" toggled on also? If not, toggle it on.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430700405.805341.jpg
Also toggle on MMS on down lower.
If you have those toggled on, try toggling iMessage off, then sign out of iMessage. Do a hard reset.
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Then sign back in to iMessage. Then toggle iMessage back on.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

guest1123

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
You should be able send SMS messages with iMessage toggled on. Do you have "send as SMS" toggled on also? If not, toggle it on.
View attachment 81081
Also toggle on MMS on down lower.
If you have those toggled on, try toggling iMessage off, then sign out of iMessage. Do a hard reset.
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Then sign back in to iMessage. Then toggle iMessage back on.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

That didn't work either :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods