Screen/Tech Gear Cleaners

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi Mikah,

This is a 'Thank you' not a question:

(For starters, if I cannot readily locate the article that the thank you is based on, where should I post this thank you note?)

Thank you for the Whoosh recommendation earlier this year. I tried it based on your article and am most pleased with its performance.

I primarily use it daily to clean the camera glass on my iPhone 7 Plus (and my wife's), and periodically clean the iPhones and iPad Pro screens (these have a Zagg screen protector).

I daily clean with a solution of 50% Rubbing Alcohol & 50% distilled water, all non-oleophobic components of all my Apple products.

There is a thread somewhere in the Forums, I believe, that discusses the necessity of daily (or even more frequently) cleaning of the tech gear. However, an article that discusses the bacteria on select devices (mobile phones have many times more bacteria than one's toilet) caused me to become a daily cleaner of our phones, iPads, remotes (link to the article: Your iPhone's dirtier than a toilet — and so are these other everyday items | KGW.com)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It's funny that you brought this thread up, because I was also looking for it today! I found Whoosh at Bed Bath and Beyond. They are charging $9.99 for it, and it comes with a cloth. I've not tried it yet, but will tonight.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use a product I got from the iMore store called Apple Juce. I love it and it smells great. ??????

samosIM

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
To Annie_i6s: Amazon offers a variety of options (I located 3) for purchasing WHOOSH. It may be more cost effective and convenient. My favorite size for portability is the 1 oz spray bottle, that is available as a package including the 3.4 oz & 0.3 oz that includes 3 anti-microbial cloths. ($25.00). I also just looked and found that Amazon is selling a package that includes 16.9 oz of WHOOSH, a spray bottle, a 1 oz bottle, a 14x14 (units = ?) and 6x6 anti-microbial cloths ($30.00)

I use WHOOSH sparingly (a few times a week on most items; daily on key Apple products). For those items that can handle isopropyl alcohol & distilled water, I use the DIY solution (50% distilled water + 50% isopropyl alcohol) that is apparently even safe for LED/LCD screens. I use this multiple times per day on oft-used items. I researched this on the web and thus far, found the only surface that cannot use this DIY: oleophobic coated screens (iPad Pro, 3 iPhone 7 Plus & other iPads, iPhones all have Zagg screen protectors, so I also use the DIY on these).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77