Okay, you missed the entire point of this thread. My point is Apple can expand into third world countries, with a low cost iPhone.
    Dude, people can get an iPhone 4s or 5c, both used and new, for below 400 dollars in countries like India.

Now, what you are suggesting is that it is priced at Moto G or Android One prices...which I think isn't the strategy Apple is wanting to pursue, despite how badly people in Africa or China wants it.

Apple has that audience in which it already makes a ton of profits that they would potentially jeopardize if they target a wholly different market...

The thing is Apple is a company, making many products for people, it ain't as simple as saying I want this or that. It's about keeping the company afloat...Does that make sense?
    12-08-2014 07:49 PM
    . I don't see Apple as a company that is pursuing putting a product of theirs in every single person in the world's hands.
    Why not?
    It would diminish the brand. Let's use numbers to represent the iOS brand. Let's say the iPad is 80, and the iPhone is 70. The average of that is 75. Now add a low end iPhone, and we'll say it's 40. That brings the average down to 63.3. And imo that's how it would diminish the brand. My example may be dumb, but I think it gets my point across.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    That is what bothers me. You and some others find it difficult to accept that Apple doesn't "need" or have to take advantage of the "opportunity" you mentioned. Over the summer, if not earlier, it was reported that Apple had a cash stockpile of a billion dollars....Cash!....The company just broke sales records with the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus. They have taken a huge chunk out of a segment that was once dominated by RIM/blackberry and many Android users who preferred the larger screen, came flooding to the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. It does not make sense for Apple to do what you're asking. Anyway, I've got to get up at 5:30 A.M. I enjoyed the conversation. Take care, and have a great night.
    12-08-2014 07:50 PM
    Why not?
    tcook@apple.com
    12-08-2014 07:50 PM
    Because people like us, the target consumer wouldn't like to see Apple start making cheaply made products?
    Look at how well making cheaply made low-end phones is working out for Samsung, big picture. Not just the segment of the low-end market.

I don't want to sit in the bleachers with the drunks who jump from job to job.
    Why would someone who is happy with another product care what a company does in another similar product category they are not a part of? That is just silly. If you are happy with the high end one, how does a low cost one affect your device?
    12-08-2014 07:51 PM
    Why not?
    Diminishes the brand.
    12-08-2014 07:52 PM
    Why would someone who is happy with another product care what a company does in another similar product category they are not a part of? That is just silly. If you are happy with the high end one, how does a low cost one affect your device?
    If you moved into a condo building and were paying $2,000 a month for your 14th floor 2 bedroom, your logic would say that if the building turned the bottom 4 floors into low income housing charging 1/4 of the cost for similar amenities and the same location, a person should have no problem with that.

I could barely type that without laughing at how absurdly stupid that line of thinking would be in the real world.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    12-08-2014 07:53 PM
    Dude, people can get an iPhone 4s or 5c, both used and new, for below 400 dollars in countries like India.

Now, what you are suggesting is that it is priced at Moto G or Android One prices...which I think isn't the strategy Apple is wanting to pursue, despite how people in Africa or China wants.

Apple has that audience in which it already makes more profits that they would potentially jeopardize that if they target a wholly different market...

The thing is Apple is a company, making many products for people, it ain't as simple as saying I want this or that. It's about keeping the company afloat...Does that make sense?
    The company is already afloat, this us about expanding into a ripe market that is fresh for the taking. No one has conquered low cost, Apple could.
    12-08-2014 07:54 PM
    The company is already afloat, this us about expanding into a ripe market that is fresh for the taking. No one has conquered low cost, Apple could.
    Maybe it's because oh, I don't know, they don't want to? lol
    12-08-2014 07:55 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bush confused.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	73114
    12-08-2014 07:56 PM
    While I agree it would diminish the brand, I also see your point. And I have thought the same thing before. BUT I am 100% that the marketing team at Apple is, or has looked into this. I'm also pretty sure there is a team at Apple who's only responsibility is to research new markets.

12-08-2014 07:57 PM
    And after 7 years, they still haven't done it...but because you think it's some grand idea, some how Apple's business executives are "missing something" that you have some deep knowledge of that they don't.

Rarely do posts make me cringe, but you've succeeded in that several times tonight.
    12-08-2014 07:58 PM
    No, I always had this account. Accidentally posted under it. You have to right to use a gif of movie so great. Copyright infringement.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    12-08-2014 07:59 PM
    If you moved into a condo building and were paying $2,000 a month for your 14th floor 2 bedroom, your logic would say that if the building turned the bottom 4 floors into low income housing charging 1/4 of the cost for similar amenities and the same location, a person should have no problem with that.
    So you are saying you would have bought a low cost iPhone if it was offered to you first?

I could barely type that without laughing at how absurdly stupid that line of thinking would be in the real world.
    True, but a landlord would never put two very different price areas in one building. And the low cost spot would be have a lower quality feel to it, and the extras would be less and be less cared for. But the fact there is an option for low cost housing will draw tenants.
    12-08-2014 07:59 PM
    Maybe it's because oh, I don't know, they don't want to? lol
    You are privvy to their board meetings?
    12-08-2014 08:00 PM
    While I agree it would diminish the brand, I also see your point. And I have thought the same thing before. BUT I am 100% that the marketing team at Apple is, or has looked into this. I'm also pretty sure there is a team at Apple who's only responsibility is to research new markets.

They finally expanded into Asia, I can definitely see them doing low cost eventually.
    12-08-2014 08:01 PM
    No, I always had this account. Accidentally posted under it. You have to right to use a gif of movie so great. Copyright infringement.

Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    Tell Disney to sue me, lol. Or maybe just post more stories about how Apple is unfair to you after you've dropped your iPhone from one of your other accounts, lol
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    12-08-2014 08:02 PM
    And after 7 years, they still haven't done it...but because you think it's some grand idea, some how Apple's business executives are "missing something" that you have some deep knowledge of that they don't.

Rarely do posts make me cringe, but you've succeeded in that several times tonight.
    Thank you for insulting me, again.
    12-08-2014 08:02 PM
    Why would anyone need to sit in those to figure it out after 7 years, man? You act like it's not there in front of their eyes.

I'll just say it. I don't think Apple cares much to make affordable devices for low-income people. That's the way it is and you'll have to accept it.
    12-08-2014 08:03 PM
    True, but a landlord would never put two very different price areas in one building. And the low cost spot would be have a lower quality feel to it, and the extras would be less and be less cared for. But the fact there is an option for low cost housing will draw tenants.
    Finally, you're starting to understand where Apple stands on this discussion we're having. I knew that brain of yours couldn't ignore facts forever!
    12-08-2014 08:03 PM
    You pretend to be, why shouldn't other people!
    12-08-2014 08:05 PM
    Why would anyone need to sit in those to figure it out after 7 years, man? You act like it's not there in front of their eyes.

I'll just say it. I don't think Apple cares much to make affordable devices for low-income people. That's the way it is and you'll have to accept it.
    You can assume that but it does not make it true, and AGAIN. Not low income, third world countries across the world. Plenty of low income people in the U.S. have an iPhone that is why I laughed when someone called an iPhone a luxury.
    12-08-2014 08:05 PM
    Finally, you're starting to understand where Apple stands on this discussion we're having. I knew that brain of yours couldn't ignore facts forever!
    Two different areas get two different treatments. NEVER in this entire thread did I say a low cost iPhone gets everything the high end one gets. You are unbelievable.
    12-08-2014 08:06 PM
    You pretend to be, why shouldn't other people!
    Stop.
    12-08-2014 08:07 PM
431 ... 678910 ...