Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 431
Like Tree140Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #126  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Webster's dictionary is a source to every person on the planet except you apparently.
    Can you cite exactly where you got this definition from? No need to be rude.
  2. #127  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Hope? Low cost market is ripe for someone to take advantage of it.
    You didn't answer my question.
  3. #128  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Can you cite exactly where you got this definition from? No need to be rude.
    Webster's Dictionary...the place I pulled the synonyms as well. You'll have to forgive my being rude...that's what happens when I repeat the same thing over and over again because you don't know how to read or fail to pay attention to what you are reading.

    If a dictionary isn't good enough for you though, here's a more modern source...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxury_goods
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #129  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    You didn't answer my question.
    A question dealing with cars, something I have zero expertise in.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #130  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Webster's Dictionary...the place I pulled the synonyms as well. You'll have to forgive my being rude...that's what happens when I repeat the same thing over and over again because you don't know how to read or fail to pay attention to what you are reading.
    You still have not provided a source. You can say where you got it from all you want, you haven't actually put a link or definition.
  6. #131  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    A question dealing with cars, something I have zero expertise in.
    You don't have expertise in anything you're discussing here...hasn't stopped you so far. And regardless, the principal still remains the same. Why not just admit you see the fault in your ideals...
  7. #132  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    You still have not provided a source. You can say where you got it from all you want, you haven't actually put a link or definition.

    You poor thing. If you can't google search a definition, you're worse off than your terrible arguments lend to.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #133  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    You don't have expertise in anything you're discussing here...hasn't stopped you so far. And regardless, the principal still remains the same. Why not just admit you see the fault in your ideals...
    Why can't you meant it isn't a bad idea? Apple expanding into the low end is inevitable, it only depends on when.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #134  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    You poor thing. If you can't google search a definition, you're worse off than your terrible arguments lend to.
    You are still not providing a direct link, is it wrong that you can't cite your source on a specific definition? I just want to know where you got it from.
  10. #135  
    warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    You are still not providing a direct link, is it wrong that you can't cite your source on a specific definition? I just want to know where you got it from.
    He got it from a Webster's dictionary. Which is a real source. They do have a website, but for all I know he looked it up in a real hardback and paper dictionary. And don't even bother pretending you've never heard of Webster's dictionary. They've been one of the major dictionary publisher for probably a century or more.
  11. #136  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,936 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    You are still not providing a direct link, is it wrong that you can't cite your source on a specific definition? I just want to know where you got it from.
    Can't you just admit you're wrong and call it a day? My lord....
  12. #137  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Why can't you meant it isn't a bad idea? Apple expanding into the low end is inevitable, it only depends on when.
    Why would I agree with something that I think is a terrible idea? You use words like inevitable...but 7 years later, Apple's actions still disagree with you, AND they sit atop the market like they always do.
  13. #138  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    You are still not providing a direct link, is it wrong that you can't cite your source on a specific definition? I just want to know where you got it from.

    I provided you proof AND a link that you requested...you choose to ignore it because you know that your argument is failing here. Truthfully, if there was a definition of "internet troll" in the dictionary, your screen name would be in there...but you'd never see it because apparently you don't acknowledge that dictionaries exist, lol!
  14. #139  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,936 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Would you look at that? OP, contact Apple and tell them they're wrong.

    Apple reportedly hiring luxury experts for retail stores | iMore
  15. #140  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    There is a word that starts with a "T" has a few letters in between and ends with two "L's." The way the OP is acting makes them one. What word am I talking about?


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
  16. #141  

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    They can't be bought by people in third world countries and still cost hundreds of dollars off contract, thatnis no way low cost.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Therein lies the problem. You are assuming that a low cost iPhone in the manner you're speaking will actually be affordable and available to people in certain countries. Some governments may not allow Apple to dictate the price. Heck, development, manufacturing, distribution, retail setup, and demand, to name a few, can all have an effect of how much the device could cost the consumer.
  17. #142  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    I read somewhere that Apple will not make a product unless they make I believe it was 30% profit. So add 30% to all the above mentioned costs.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #143  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    He got it from a Webster's dictionary. Which is a real source. They do have a website, but for all I know he looked it up in a real hardback and paper dictionary. And don't even bother pretending you've never heard of Webster's dictionary. They've been one of the major dictionary publisher for probably a century or more.
    I know who they were, I wanted to know the specific place he got the entry.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #144  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Can't you just admit you're wrong and call it a day? My lord....
    Why am I wrong?
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #145  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Why would I agree with something that I think is a terrible idea? You use words like inevitable...but 7 years later, Apple's actions still disagree with you, AND they sit atop the market like they always do.
    For now, nothing lasts forever. This is just a forum, this was just an idea, instead of attacking me for a conversation piece, maybe a better argument would do you better.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #146  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I provided you proof AND a link that you requested...you choose to ignore it because you know that your argument is failing here. Truthfully, if there was a definition of "internet troll" in the dictionary, your screen name would be in there...but you'd never see it because apparently you don't acknowledge that dictionaries exist, lol!
    What link? How am I troll? Is it because I won't just sit and give up because every single one of your posts sounds like a conscending piece of trash that has to be rude?
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #147  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Would you look at that? OP, contact Apple and tell them they're wrong.

    Apple reportedly hiring luxury experts for retail stores | iMore
    Retail stores does not equal actual products.
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #148  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Therein lies the problem. You are assuming that a low cost iPhone in the manner you're speaking will actually be affordable and available to people in certain countries. Some governments may not allow Apple to dictate the price. Heck, development, manufacturing, distribution, retail setup, and demand, to name a few, can all have an effect of how much the device could cost the consumer.
    Exactly, but low cost devices always end up in a range, for the Lumia 520 for example, on release around $200 everywhere then $99 when it hit AT&T, now $29. Price can be set in a specific range at least.
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #149  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    I read somewhere that Apple will not make a product unless they make I believe it was 30% profit. So add 30% to all the above mentioned costs.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    30% on $200 is $60, $260 iPhone sounds good. Or $259 is the way companies do it now.
  25. #150  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I know who they were, I wanted to know the specific place he got the entry.
    It doesn't get any more specific that that...I even SPECIFICALLY linked a secondary source, since you have some weird opposition to english dictionaries. Are you an enemy of language arts or something? LOL!

    You have offered nothing but opinionated banter here. You have called fact perception, and you have ignored clear evidence against your argument (offering none of your own, only further opinionated drivel). It's mind numbing how you ignore things presented to you because they don't follow your agenda...but not surprising, as this isn't the first time we've danced here on the forum, and your tactics were a mirror last time when presented with a similar situation.

    You debate like a 5 year old...with the quintessential "why?" after every fact presented, or just purely ignoring what was said. The fact that you couldn't answer my question about Porsche delving into the world of entry economy cars spells out how you yourself see the fault in your own words. You can't pick and choose where the principal applies...it's an all or nothing case.
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to transfer photos from my iPhone 4S to my pc?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 09:14 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 09:12 AM
  3. Why can't I change the iTune's account in my App Store?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 08:33 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 07:49 AM
  5. Why can't I access my iPad - it is not responding at all?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 06:56 AM

Posting Permissions