Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 431
Like Tree140Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #101  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    It's ok to admit you were wrong...you don't have to try to get all weird and post things that make absolutely no sense.
    Did you not read what you just put?
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #102  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I'm not attacking you, just making an observation. Attacking you would be me calling you bat sh*t crazy...like that last post you made to me sounded.
    How is it crazy?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #103  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Which makes it not in the same class as an iPhone.
    Well duh, it is a $29 smartphone. The iPhone can be any price Apple wants it to be. A low cost iPhone can be less than $300 and have a glass screen, it is all up to Apple on that point.
  4. #104  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Did you not read what you just put?
    I wrote it, so of course I read it.

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    How is it crazy?
    It's crazy because I defined luxury to you, and showed you how it applies to Apple's products...and your retort was trying to convince me that I was agreeing with you? Makes absolutely no sense bud. Apple is a luxury brand, and I showed you why. So far, all you've done is said "No it's not.", gave some strange personal opinion on what the word "luxury" actually means, and then went completely off the wall and tried to say I was actually saying the same thing you are, which I am not.

    Bat...Sh*t...Crazy.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #105  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I wrote it, so of course I read it.



    It's crazy because I defined luxury to you, and showed you how it applies to Apple's products...and your retort was trying to convince me that I was agreeing with you? Makes absolutely no sense bud. Apple is a luxury brand, and I showed you why. So far, all you've done is said "No it's not.", gave some strange personal opinion on what the word "luxury" actually means, and then went completely off the wall and tried to say I was actually saying the same thing you are, which I am not.

    Bat...Sh*t...Crazy.
    Not crazy, you keep trying to convince yourself a $600 smartphone is luxury when every other high end device is the same price. It is your perception of what luxury is.
  6. #106  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,947 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Not crazy, you keep trying to convince yourself a $600 smartphone is luxury when every other high end device is the same price. It is your perception of what luxury is.
    And we say it's luxury.

    And the phones start at $649/$749 currently.
  7. #107  
    warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Not crazy, you keep trying to convince yourself a $600 smartphone is luxury when every other high end device is the same price. It is your perception of what luxury is.
    Nope. Nobody here said a Galaxy S5 or a Note 4 or an LG G3 or HTC One weren't luxury goods. They are luxury goods in the same way iPhones are--a non-essential WANT not a need.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #108  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    And we say it's luxury.

    And the phones start at $649/$749 currently.
    You now twist the definition of a word to suit your argument?
  9. #109  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,947 Global Posts

    Default Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    You now twist the definition of a word to suit your argument?
    You just said luxury is perception.

    My perception is that my iPhone is luxury. It's pretty much what Sean has been saying but you couldn't seem to figure that out.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #110  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karenkcoulter View Post
    Nope. Nobody here said a Galaxy S5 or a Note 4 or an LG G3 or HTC One weren't luxury goods. They are luxury goods in the same way iPhones are--a non-essential WANT not a need.
    Ah, you are talking about wants and needs, I am talking about Apple spreading their brand into third world countries with a lower cost iPhone that would be nothing but good for someone who will be looking for new areas to branch into in the future.
  11. #111  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Not crazy, you keep trying to convince yourself a $600 smartphone is luxury when every other high end device is the same price. It is your perception of what luxury is.
    The other devices in that price range are also luxury tier devices..."high end" as you called them, pretty much admitting that you know exactly what I'm talking about.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #112  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You just said luxury is perception.

    My perception is that my iPhone is luxury. It's pretty much what Sean has been saying but you couldn't seem to figure that out.
    I did figure it out but his perception isn't fact. Apple isn't a luxury brand. Their brand being no luxury won't be affected by making a low cost iPhone. That is my point.
  13. #113  
    drchimrichalds's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    I just think there are other companies doing that. Its not to say apple couldn't or shouldn't, but there are other people in the space doing it well, so maybe they don't feel like they can compete in the space with as high quality product.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #114  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    The other devices in that price range are also luxury tier devices..."high end" as you called them, pretty much admitting that you know exactly what I'm talking about.
    High end devices arent luxury devices either, luxury for yeah, people who can't afford it, but low cost devices aren't high end and can be priced as low as the manufacturer wants.
  15. #115  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,566 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,947 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I did figure it out but his perception isn't fact. Apple isn't a luxury brand. Their brand being no luxury won't be affected by making a low cost iPhone. That is my point.
    Well we can sit here all day and talk about what's good and bad for Apple. I happen to disagree with you. But we'll never know exactly of it's good or bad for a nearly trillion dollar company.
  16. #116  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Ah, you are talking about wants and needs, I am talking about Apple spreading their brand into third world countries with a lower cost iPhone that would be nothing but good for someone who will be looking for new areas to branch into in the future.
    We've been talking wants vs. needs for HOURS man! LOL! You can't be this dense.

    Here's a question for you...WHY does Apple need to make this phone to spread their brand into these countries?
  17. #117  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    High end devices arent luxury devices either, luxury for yeah, people who can't afford it, but low cost devices aren't high end and can be priced as low as the manufacturer wants.
    Except you're being told by people who can easily afford them that they are luxury items, and you were given evidence which supports such (something you still haven't done at all). You simply don't understand or don't WANT to understand the definition of luxury, and because our arguments don't fit your agenda here, you simply use the scapegoat of calling it all our "perception".
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #118  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Well we can sit here all day and talk about what's good and bad for Apple. I happen to disagree with you. But we'll never know exactly of it's good or bad for a nearly trillion dollar company.
    No we won't. This is a forum after all.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #119  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    We've been talking wants vs. needs for HOURS man! LOL! You can't be this dense.

    Here's a question for you...WHY does Apple need to make this phone to spread their brand into these countries?
    To gain more market share, gain more customers, and in turn make more money when those customers choose to invest in other Apple products as Apple has a well built ecosystem. People traditionally buy one Apple device and want other Apple devices and this is nothing but good for Apple. Little risk on their part, especially since they get so much revenue.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #120  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Except you're being told by people who can easily afford them that they are luxury items, and you were given evidence which supports such (something you still haven't done at all). You simply don't understand or don't WANT to understand the definition of luxury, and because our arguments don't fit your agenda here, you simply use the scapegoat of calling it all our "perception".
    Agenda? This is a harmless argument on an internet forum, you are taking it too seriously. And yes, everything so far is peoples perceptions and opinions, no facts.
  21. #121  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Agenda? This is a harmless argument on an internet forum, you are taking it too seriously. And yes, everything so far is peoples perceptions and opinions, no facts.
    My definition was the webster's dictionary definition of luxury. Not a perception. It was absolute fact.
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #122  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    My definition was the webster's dictionary definition of luxury. Not a perception. It was absolute fact.
    You haven't cited any sources to back up this "fact".
  23. #123  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    To gain more market share, gain more customers, and in turn make more money when those customers choose to invest in other Apple products as Apple has a well built ecosystem. People traditionally buy one Apple device and want other Apple devices and this is nothing but good for Apple. Little risk on their part, especially since they get so much revenue.
    So to make more money...so by your logic, a company like Porsche should unquestionably produce a Civic level entry market car to make more money and hope that it grows their company by future investments in other products...and that this would not degrade the brand?

    I also want to point out that your idea of risk being so one sided with monetary investment vs. revenue shows you don't know much beyond a simple facade of business. I'm going to guess you don't run one...which is probably a good thing.
  24. #124  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    You haven't cited any sources to back up this "fact".
    Webster's dictionary is a source to every person on the planet except you apparently.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #125  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    So to make more money...so by your logic, a company like Porsche should unquestionably produce a Civic level entry market car to make more money and hope that it grows their company by future investments in other products...and that this would not degrade the brand?

    I also want to point out that your idea of risk being so one sided with monetary investment vs. revenue shows you don't know much beyond a simple facade of business. I'm going to guess you don't run one...which is probably a good thing.
    Hope? Low cost market is ripe for someone to take advantage of it.
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to transfer photos from my iPhone 4S to my pc?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 09:14 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 09:12 AM
  3. Why can't I change the iTune's account in my App Store?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 08:33 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 07:49 AM
  5. Why can't I access my iPad - it is not responding at all?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 06:56 AM

Posting Permissions