Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718
Like Tree140Likes
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

Profits
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    It isn't luxury price that is my point. A point everyone keeps skipping over. Most of this thread has been arguing semantics and how Apple is luxury as it was just said and proved that iPhones aren't luxury. Because they are not real luxury, they are a consumer brand, so doing a low cost iPhone would not hurt a tech brand.

If anything the media and mass consumers will hail this as Apple revolutionizing low end.
    You just don't get it at all kid. Price is relevant...I pointed out earlier that caviar has various pricing points relevant to the product. Caviar is clearly and universally considered a luxury food product, but by your logic, because the price is not very high for even the really high end stuff, it isn't "real luxury".

Apple IS a luxury brand. The iPhone IS a luxury product. Lots of luxury brands around the world are also consumer brands, as a consumer brand is simply a well known brand who sells to consumers instead of businesses. Here is a nice wikipedia entry that gives a good general idea of luxury products and companies...I would highly suggest you read it: Luxury goods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    You just don't get it at all kid. Price is relevant...I pointed out earlier that caviar has various pricing points relevant to the product. Caviar is clearly and universally considered a luxury food product, but by your logic, because the price is not very high for even the really high end stuff, it isn't "real luxury".

Apple IS a luxury brand. The iPhone IS a luxury product. Lots of luxury brands around the world are also consumer brands, as a consumer brand is simply a well known brand who sells to consumers instead of businesses. Here is a nice wikipedia entry that gives a good general idea of luxury products and companies...I would highly suggest you read it: Luxury goods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I doubt he'll read this being he said he deleted the iMore app.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    I doubt he'll read this being he said he deleted the iMore app.
    He didn't delete sh*t...he's lurking, and knows he'll be back.
    the_tech_eater and A895 like this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

The trouble with low cost phones designed by western countries is that they will never win in a race to the bottom against their chinese or korean counterparts.
    iMore Newbie

I don't believe that iPhone will lower its price some time sooner. However, their smartphones are truly high-end and deserves a special place in the market. The company is lucky to have their products unique and to be able to maintain the vibrant name in the industry of technology. As long as the competition finds it tough to compete with Apple, the company will likely maintain it lofty prices.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718