Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 431
Like Tree140Likes
  1. #351  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I was meaning advanced in terms of what anyone from high school would be able to do. There is a reason the bulk of my class was sophomores, juniors and seniors. Even then, a lot of people struggled with the class as it is pretty difficult to understand.
    You can't equate what people struggle with with the idea of an advanced class...some people struggle with very basic math...even middle school level math. That doesn't make it advanced.

    You seem to struggle between what a word actually means and what you feel a word means. Three words in this thread alone have thrown you for a loop...luxury, advanced and access...all three of them having a very clear definition, and all three of them are fairly skewed from that definition (in meaning) to you.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #352  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    Looking at the course sequence for my major(marketing) I'll have to either take stats or business stats in my junior year


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    I just looked up PCC, it is named one of the most conservative colleges in the U.S. and has a ton of rules. You up for a college like that?
  3. #353  
    the_tech_eater's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,072 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,189 Global Posts

    Default Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    I just looked up PCC, it is named one of the most conservative colleges in the U.S. and has a ton of rules. You up for a college like that?
    Yes. I've visited there and the rules aren't anything like they are made out online. In fact it's such a warm and welcoming place I've went down several times just to hangout with the extremely friendly students and staff. The same can't be said about most colleges. And I'm conservative, so it's only natural for me to go to a conservative college, right? But this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #354  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    You can't equate what people struggle with with the idea of an advanced class...some people struggle with very basic math...even middle school level math. That doesn't make it advanced.

    You seem to struggle between what a word actually means and what you feel a word means. Three words in this thread alone have thrown you for a loop...luxury, advanced and access...all three of them having a very clear definition, and all three of them are fairly skewed from that definition (in meaning) to you.
    Nothing has thrown me for a loop, you just want to insult me in any way shape or form. I understand you may be unable to see where I am coming from, but you are beyond rude. Instead of having a decent conversation on a internet forum, you fell back to argue semantics and otherwise prove your opinion is worth more than my own.
  5. #355  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Nothing has thrown me for a loop, you just want to insult me in any way shape or form. I understand you may be unable to see where I am coming from, but you are beyond rude. Instead of having a decent conversation on a internet forum, you fell back to argue semantics and otherwise prove your opinion is worth more than my own.
    I was being pretty civil there kiddo...I was just saying that just because you feel a word means something other than it's defined meaning doesn't make it accurate. I could wake up one day and decide that luke warm means scalding hot, and apply it to my conversations and daily life, but it doesn't make it accurate, and when someone corrects me, I should recognize the issue instead of getting defensive of such.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  6. #356  
    qbnkelt's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,777 Posts
    Global Posts
    23,121 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_tech_eater View Post
    Looking at the course sequence for my major(marketing) I'll have to either take stats or business stats in my junior year


    Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Yup. Core class.


    Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #357  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I was being pretty civil there kiddo...I was just saying that just because you feel a word means something other than it's defined meaning doesn't make it accurate. I could wake up one day and decide that luke warm means scalding hot, and apply it to my conversations and daily life, but it doesn't make it accurate, and when someone corrects me, I should recognize the issue instead of getting defensive of such.
    K.
  8. #358  
    cbobb123's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    iPhones used to be a luxury, but not anymore....
  9. #359  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,936 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Quite Right View Post
    Here's your next "Billion" customers right here: IPhone 6 Preorders: China Set To Surpass US As Apple's Biggest Smartphone Market

    Apple doesn't need to sell cheap iPhones to gain marketshare anymore than Mercedes-Benz needs to make cheap cars. Mercedes Sales Surge in China - 24/7 Wall St.
    It's funny because one of the points people who believed Apple should make a cheap iPhone made was primarily to sell more in China once they started selling iPhones in China. It's apparent that they're cleaning the shelves of iPhone 6 and 6 Pluses not only in China but in the U.S. to send back to China for people who are willing to pay even more than what they retail for!
    Not Quite Right likes this.
  10. #360  

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by cbobb123 View Post
    iPhones used to be a luxury, but not anymore....
    Depends on the eye of the beholder.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. #361  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by cbobb123 View Post
    iPhones used to be a luxury, but not anymore....
    What changed?
  12. #362  
    MaciLicous's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    50 Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    What changed?
    Carriers. All top 4 Carriers in US carries iPhone now. I never thought of the iPhone as luxury. Exclusive... yes. Never luxury.


    Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
  13. #363  

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    What changed?
    The bandwagon over at Samsung had lots of room. Some people are amazed with megapixels and ram etc etc uneducated at the fact that that don't mean anything. Apple runs smoother than touch wiz and only requires 1 gig of ram where as touch wiz is so loaded with bloat it needs 3. And I'll take 8 megapixels with high quality lenses then 16 mega pixels with decent lenses. But some people will never understand that. Apple is more premium now than they have ever been in comparison to other flag ships they are just doing it smart not trying to impress with large numbers in the spec sheet


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. #364  
    cbobb123's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    What changed?
    I see iPhones everywhere now compared to let's say 4-5 years ago. I remember when the 4 came out in 2010. Now that was a luxury imo. A friend of mine was one of the first to get one and was constantly stopped in the street by strangers because they wanted to check it out as they where so rare to see. However now the are much more common. I wouldn't consider something so the to obtain nowadays as a luxury. Its like calling a pair of Beats as a luxury item. However I do see them as high quality, premium devices. But that's just my opinion.
    A895 and Smply_Rcklss like this.
  15. #365  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,936 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaciLicous View Post
    Carriers. All top 4 Carriers in US carries iPhone now. I never thought of the iPhone as luxury. Exclusive... yes. Never luxury.


    Sent from my Glamorous Gold iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    It's funny that you say that when you go out of your way to have your Tapatalk signature show that you made the post with your GLAMOROUS iPhone.
  16. #366  

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's funny that you say that when you go out of your way to have your Tapatalk signature show that you made the post with your GLAMOROUS iPhone.
    Lol nice find there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. #367  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's funny that you say that when you go out of your way to have your Tapatalk signature show that you made the post with your GLAMOROUS iPhone.
    Well played! LOL!
  18. #368  
    warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by cbobb123 View Post
    I see iPhones everywhere now compared to let's say 4-5 years ago. I remember when the 4 came out in 2010. Now that was a luxury imo. A friend of mine was one of the first to get one and was constantly stopped in the street by strangers because they wanted to check it out as they where so rare to see. However now the are much more common. I wouldn't consider something so the to obtain nowadays as a luxury. Its like calling a pair of Beats as a luxury item. However I do see them as high quality, premium devices. But that's just my opinion.
    Premium and luxury are practically synonyms.
    Attachment 73158
    Attachment 73159
  19. #369  
    warcraftWidow's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Actually the correct comparison would be between the adjectives luxurious and premium rather than the noun luxury as above.
    Attachment 73160
  20. #370  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by cbobb123 View Post
    I see iPhones everywhere now compared to let's say 4-5 years ago. I remember when the 4 came out in 2010. Now that was a luxury imo. A friend of mine was one of the first to get one and was constantly stopped in the street by strangers because they wanted to check it out as they where so rare to see. However now the are much more common. I wouldn't consider something so the to obtain nowadays as a luxury. Its like calling a pair of Beats as a luxury item. However I do see them as high quality, premium devices. But that's just my opinion.
    So commonality removes a luxury label? Lexus is considered a luxury brand, but you see them literally everywhere...do you feel that the commonness of the Lexus brand makes it no longer a luxury brand? Why would Toyota retain it if that is true? How is it profitable for them if what you said is true? Why not just go buy a Camry or Corolla?
    the_tech_eater likes this.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #371  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    So commonality removes a luxury label? Lexus is considered a luxury brand, but you see them literally everywhere...do you feel that the commonness of the Lexus brand makes it no longer a luxury brand? Why would Toyota retain it if that is true? How is it profitable for them if what you said is true? Why not just go buy a Camry or Corolla?
    Lexus is luxury because it is expensive than average cars. An iPhone is not more expensive than average high end devices smartphones.
  22. #372  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Lexus is luxury because it is expensive than average cars. An iPhone is not more expensive than average high end devices smartphones.
    Actually, since you're not familiar with cars (as you admitted earlier in this thread), Lexus is on the cheaper side of the luxury car market...and most of their models undercut competing brands from Germany and Japan by 10-15% in MSRP.

    Apple would actually be MORE of a luxury brand than Lexus if we went by your logic there because they maintain like pricing with competitive high end devices...where as Lexus undercuts for quantitive sales.
  23. #373  
    BreakingKayfabe's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,555 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,936 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Lexus is luxury because it is expensive than average cars. An iPhone is not more expensive than average high end devices smartphones.
    So if their phones are selling by the millions at the expensive price they're at, what's the logic in having a cheaper one?
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #374  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Actually, since you're not familiar with cars (as you admitted earlier in this thread), Lexus is on the cheaper side of the luxury car market...and most of their models undercut competing brands from Germany and Japan by 10-15% in MSRP.
    My statement had nothing to do with that. I said it is more expensive than average cars and it is. Luxury is more expensive than most. The iPhone isn't.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #375  
    A895's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,037 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Why Not A Low Cost iPhone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So if their phones are selling by the millions at the expensive price they're at, what's the logic in having a cheaper one?
    I never said they were expensive! Why is everyone taking words out of context!? I said they can expand into third world countries with a low cost iPhone.

Similar Threads

  1. How to transfer photos from my iPhone 4S to my pc?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 09:14 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 09:12 AM
  3. Why can't I change the iTune's account in my App Store?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 08:33 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 07:49 AM
  5. Why can't I access my iPad - it is not responding at all?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2014, 06:56 AM

Posting Permissions