ArkMC Media Center DLNA/UPnP application

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Features:

? Digital Media Player (DMP)
- - Searching media servers in home network;
- - Browsing content of a media server, selecting media item (examples: video, audio or photo);
- - Playing media stream from DMS;
- - DMP can't be discovered or controlled by other software, which operates in home network.
? Digital Media Controller (DMC)
- - Discovering media servers and media renderers in home network;
- - Browsing content of a media server, selecting media item (examples: video, audio or photo);
- - Selecting digital media renderer (DMR) and connect it with digital media server (DMS) in order to play selected media from server.
? Digital Media Renderer (DMR)
- - Makes itself available for discovering and control in home network.
- - Play media streams from a digital media server (DMS);
- - Handle commands from remote UPnP/DLNA software such as ?pause?, ?seek?, ?change volume? etc;
- - Reports "track duration", "current position" etc. to remote UPnP/DLNA software.
? Supported file formats: 3GP, AVI, WMV, ASF, MP4, MKV, MPG/MPEG, TS, VOB, FLV, MOV, M4V
? Browsing media files stored in media libraries on UPnP/DLNA-compliant servers (PC, laptop, Tablet PC, NAS (network attached storage), Smartphone)
? Controlling playback of all media files on all networked devices at once (pause, stop, forward, rewind, volume control)
? Local Playback (play media files on your device media player)
? Multi-playback - enables instant sharing of locally played files with all DLNA-enabled devices in the network and controlling them from ArkMC
? Album art ? view album covers, artists, genres and other file?s characteristics
? ?Play-To? feature ? send image/music/video files from any external Windows Media Player to ArkMC

Last edited:

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes I want to know how to listen to music from my PC. What another software should I use?

Hello.
You have to use software that would works as a server on your PC.
It could be Windows Media Player - you just need to set it up. It could be also XBMC.
But experience shows that the best one for music sharing is Foobar2000 ( foobar2000 ). It is specially designed just for music.
After installation of Foobar2000 you have to install DLNA plugin - UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point 0.99.45
The advantage of Foobar2000 is its speed of work. It works almost instantly with no delays.

Last edited:

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello.
You have to use software that would works as a server on your PC.
It could be Windows Media Player - you just need to set it up. It could be also XBMC.
But experience shows that the best one for music sharing is Foobar2000 ( foobar2000 ). It is specially designed just for music.
After installation of Foobar2000 you have to install DLNA plugin - UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point 0.99.45
The advantage of Foobar2000 is its speed of work. It works almost instantly with no delays.

Thanks. I have tried foobar2k it works really good.

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Device with ArkMC could be also connected to external speakers throught mini jack and work as music center.

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I have 2.1 speakers at my kitchen. Usually I was connectin my MP3 player here. But yesterday I have tried to connect my smartphone. It works nce.

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
We have tested interoperrability of ArkMC with Serviio media server.
ArkMC works good with Serviio bouth with video and audio sharing.

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I have visited my friend. He has Sony Playstation 3. I have conntected to his home network, but I didn't see Sony Playstation in the list of renderers, though it is DLNA compatible. What could be the reason of this?

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have visited my friend. He has Sony Playstation 3. I have conntected to his home network, but I didn't see Sony Playstation in the list of renderers, though it is DLNA compatible. What could be the reason of this?

The reason of this is that Play Station 3 do not have DMR fuctionality, so it could not be controlled remotely.

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Here is the information about different DLNA classes:

DMS - server, can share media information, can be accessed by controller and player.
DMP - can browse servers, select media and play it.
DMC - can browse servers, select media and sent it to another devices and controll playback.
DMR - can receive media from controllers and play it, can be controlled.

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I have taken a look at DLNA site and I see that there are another DLNA classes DMPr, DMU, DMD.
Are you planning to add something of this to ArkMC?

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I have taken a look at DLNA site and I see that there are another DLNA classes DMPr, DMU, DMD.
Are you planning to add something of this to ArkMC?

DMPr - is digital media pritnter, that is why we are not going to add this class.
Talink about Uploader and Downloader - it might be interesting to add. We will take this into regard.

ArkMCdev

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi to everyone

We have new ArkMC version 1.7!

New featuring:

Watch & control movies, photos and video on your iPad or iPhone, even when they are stored on other devices/servers
Your HD TV can find & display your photo, videos, music stored on your iPhone/iPad (Camera Roll, iTunes, Documents)

Enjoy it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR