RSS Reader without a Google account?

ckillam3

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I am an avid user of RSSOwl on the Windows platform. I just purchased my first Apple product, an iPhone 5. Please recommend a RSS Reader app that does NOT require a Google account. Yes, I have read about Feeddler, Newsify, and Reeder. I want to add my current RSS subscriptions to a Reader that will provide me with the same experience. Thank you for your assistance.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Why not just sign up for the google reader account? You add all the current threads you read and then google reader keeps them in sync for free across all of your devices. Quick and simple, I prefer having my feeds in sync so that when I switch devices I am not reading the same article twice.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Spot on, I say...

Why not just sign up for the google reader account? You add all the current threads you read and then google reader keeps them in sync for free across all of your devices. Quick and simple, I prefer having my feeds in sync so that when I switch devices I am not reading the same article twice.

ckillam3

May 11, 2009
Visit site
One year ago I escaped the bonds of Yahoo and Google. I would prefer a news service that does not require a Google account.

grasshoper

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
One year ago I escaped the bonds of Yahoo and Google. I would prefer a news service that does not require a Google account.

I'm like you, and after lot of struggles to find a good app I found Blogshelf II. It is a very nice reader which doesn't require a google account at all, and has a feed search option along with opml import/export and add feed by url. The design is very like iBook, with wood shelf and all.

It's free without ads and upgrading for a more featured version is around 5$. Using free version for 2 weeks now (since I got the mini) and have no complaints. Even considering in-app buying the full version.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen