Apple's Take on iPhone 4 Flashlight + your free flashlight app

ywirasin

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi gang,

I just wanted to share that today Apple really surprised me. Last week, after we submitted our first real flashlight app to iTunes, we were met with an email that flashlight apps might get held up a la Steve. But alas, today we were met with a wonderful surprise that they approved our app. All they asked was we put a disclaimer in that the app might result in faster drain of the battery as a result of using the flash. I just wanted to say that sometimes Apple does just a great thing by enabling this and being flexible with policies around using the LED flash, or flashlight in this case :)

So what's the end result - you all get a free flashlight app for you nifty new iPhone. Here's the link:

http://bit.ly/9zOF9T

Enjoy guys and gals! BTW, we're going to have enhancements hitting in about a week! Till then, you can enjoy this version.

All the best!
-Marco

Last edited:

Kannon#AC

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Awesome app!! I've been waiting for this app since day one of the iPhone 4.

Just one question though and forgive my complete ignorance of programing apps, etc. Why does it take so long to boot up? Even if I use that the fast app-switcher, it still goes through the "boot up" process which takes a few seconds on my phone. Other than that small quirk...I love this and thank you!

Spoonsx21

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

We were recently approved with our app as well, iFlash4.

bit.ly/cnZQhW

Hope it's not in bad taste to post here, there appears to be like 14 trillion (read: 14) apps for flashlights.

Ours has a timer as well as some other handy features, and a simple interface.

Any questions, feel free to ask, and you can check out the website as well:
iFlash4.com

-Paul

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
soooooo, you need to add a warning on the store page that it could run down the battery? however, the app I downloaded "LED-FLASHLIGHT Version 1.0", with FLASH in orange, turns the screen white and removes the status bar so I cannot see my battery % while using the app.

Please add a battery indicator, or just show me the status bar, and turn the whole screen black instead of white so it doesn't interfere with what I am trying to see with the LED light itself.

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Love it! I was looking for something like this. The iPhone shouldve came with this app from the beginning since it's the first iPhone with the hardware.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Looks cool. Whole I have not had the option to purchase an iPhone 4 yet (damn Canada haters) i downloaded the app and will use it as soon as I can.