Top 5 iPhone Travel Apps?

Super27

May 14, 2010
Visit site
1. Flight Track Pro - best flight tracking app out there, period.
2. TripIt - integrates everything into one itinerary, even restaurant reservations, automatically.
3. Gate Guru - great info about bars and restaurants, etc in major airports.
4. Weather Channel - self explanatory.
5. Kayak - perfect for last-minute bookings or finding alternatives when flights get canceled.

OpenTable also deserves an honorable mention. Nothing like being able to book dinner reservations last-minute once I arrive in a city.

eSkyGuide

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
New travel app

You might want to give the eSkyGuide app a whirl. It's compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad and features Flight Schedules, Flight Status, Weather, Airport Finder and Contact Information for airline, hotel, car rental reservations.

Right now they are offering a giveaway to one lucky person of an iTunes card. Details are at their FB page and on their Twitter.

azetetic

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Place to store important info abroad

Codebook is super useful when traveling because it offers a secure place to store info like cc numbers, ss number, etc that you wouldn't want to just carry in your wallet but need when away from home. And it's safe so you don't have to worry about being exposed if you lose your phone. Definitely worth it for peace of mind!

CODEBOOK - Secure Notebook by Zetetic

Stimpson20

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
One to watch out for is the Dishfinders app. Provides user-generated food reviews at restaurants all over the world with photos and reviews of individual dishes. Currently has over 5,000 dish reviews and growing hourly.

Alice Laquisha

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I would always love to update the app, WorldCard Mobile and WorldCard Contacts to keep getting and scanning the business cards when i am in travel. I will recommend these apps those who wish to collect business cards and get rid off of carrying the business cards in the wallet.

Vanessa Hawke

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Text Interpreter

These are my top 5 iPhone travel apps:

Waze - appfavour.com/navigation/waze-social-gps-traffic-gas_323229106
TomTom U.S. & Canada - appfavour.com/navigation/tomtom-u-s-canada_326075661
MapQuest - appfavour.com/navigation/mapquest_316126557
TripIt - appfavour.com/travel/tripit-travel-organizer-no-ads_415186905
EveryTrail Pro - appfavour.com/travel/everytrail-pro_353881166

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
1) Trip it
2) Expedia new app works great for booking, rentals, flights, everything
3) FlightBoard very good at telling about arrivals, departures, delays and I also like the airport-like layout
4)Twitter
5)Google maps of course! Loving the new app

wwlad

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Text Interpreter

Thanks for the info. I am working through your recommendations. So far I have downloaded Flight Track Pro and WiFi Finder and both look good.
Now I have to go on a trip to try them (at least that is my excuse).

Denis Romanovsky

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
How about planning itinerary, costs, locations and schedule in one place, track all trip activities and see all trip details a story? I found Travel Stories Mobile useful for that.

Kenneth64

May 27, 2014
Visit site
1) MapsWithMe - to get directions offline. Absolutely necessary
2) Viber - to call home
3) TripIt - to organize everything
4) Weather.com - to learn forecast
5) TripAdvisor - for everything else:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads