"Friends" feature

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the iwatch 1st series and I do not have the friends option! I'm not sure if it's because I have the first generation one or what. But I am up to date with the latest iOS update. Anyone else have this issue?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the iwatch 1st series and I do not have the friends option!

It's not you, it's Apple. As mentioned, Apple tossed it in an earlier update. I like the idea of a 'speed dial' for a few numbers and wish Apple could give a Contacts app what could put in the Dock.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
When this was taken out, there was some chatter here about it but it seemed to go down pretty quick. Many thought the friends/sketches were fun but not something you used often. The changes made seemed to be more useful.
Now and then I do think about it and think it'd be cool to add some of that back but realize I don't miss it that much.

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
It's not you, it's Apple. As mentioned, Apple tossed it in an earlier update. I like the idea of a 'speed dial' for a few numbers and wish Apple could give a Contacts app what could put in the Dock.

Thank you. That makes sense. So question is there another way to add ppl? Like for challenges and stuff? Sorry new to iwatch

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to explore Activity sharing. One by one, my "Fitbit friends" are replacing Fitbits with Apple watches. It's getting harder and harder to justify wearing an Apple watch and a Fitbit.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to explore Activity sharing. One by one, my "Fitbit friends" are replacing Fitbits with Apple watches. It's getting harder and harder to justify wearing an Apple watch and a Fitbit.

With later gen phones you can still use the phone as your step tracker for FitBit, just setup mobile track in the app. That way you can still have fun with those that haven't converted yet :)

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
With later gen phones you can still use the phone as your step tracker for FitBit, just setup mobile track in the app. That way you can still have fun with those that haven't converted yet :)

Yes, I used my iPhone as a Fitbit for a couple of years, but then when the AW2 let me leave my phone at home during runs, I bought the Fitbit Flex.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711