Series 1 vs Series 2 Battery Life

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Anyone out there with both a series 1 and series 2? If so, have you compared the battery life on each? Super curious to see how they compare in the real world... I mean, we can read all the stats and claims, but how does the battery life really stack up for YOU?

LillyISabelle

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
I bought the seires 1 used and my battery lasts at least 15 hours as I don't do heavy usage on it I start the day at 4:30 am and put it on the charge around 6pm with at least 30% left and thats with the activity face

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I can tell you the battery life of the series 2 is definitely better than the original, but I don't know how it compares to the series 1.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Shame on me, I misspoke. I have AWs and an AWS2, but no S1. Not that it would make any difference because I'd still pay no attention.

For penance, I'll buy another band or two.

mrkeynes

May 22, 2015
Visit site
My series 2 lasts all day but I sometimes experience lesser battery depending on how much I work out and what Watch faces I use currently.
I'm a difficult guy, so difficult that I change the Watch face and the Watch bands everyday
Well not so much that bands, but I do change my Watch face everyday, but I change bands according to how I am dressed
Other than that, I never had to charge my watch midday

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have only had the Nike+ Series 2 for a couple days, but the battery seems to be slightly better than the Series 1 that I had earlier this year. I'll comment again after a week or so. Yesterday was my first full "normal" day with the watch. I put it on with a full charge at 7:15am. I worked at my desk, checked notifications, used voice & scribble to respond to most, updated my water intake, used maps on my phone which then activated it on my watch (awesome!), and finished off the evening with a run using the Nike+ app to give it a try. I then slept with the watch on to track sleep using AutoSleep. I woke up at 7am with 60% left and charged it while I showered and got ready. I was back to 100% about an hour later. I'd say that same activity left me at about 40-50% on my Series one if I remember correctly. We will see how it goes the rest of this next week.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
My series 2 usually loses between 1-2% battery per hour I have it on. Not counting any workouts. I put it on about 3:30 each morning when I get up and back on the charger by 8:30 at night. So that's 17 hours and my watch is usually around 60%. That is including a workout during lunch.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Workouts can make a big difference. For example, on heavy workout days I'll have say 140 minutes of exercise with maybe 60 minutes running the GPS. On those days it's not unusual for the series 2 to be down to 25% or less by bedtime. I doubt the series 0 could make it. Of course it doesn't have GPS.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't have a series 2 but I take my series 1 off the puck at about 5:00am and typically have 30-40% left when I put it back on the puck around 10:00pm. That's on weekdays though. Comes off later in the morning on weekends.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox