Have apple discontinued the Nike Cool Grey/Black watch band? the
    one they are now selling is all black in the Apple Store? or is it still exclusive to buying the watch?

I'm disappointed means I can't get a genuine replacement for my one.
    04-06-2017 04:16 PM
    Have apple discontinued the Nike Cool Grey/Black watch band? the
    one they are now selling is all black in the Apple Store? or is it still exclusive to buying the watch?

I'm disappointed means I can't get a genuine replacement for my one.
    Unfortunately, you are correct. The color combo you have no longer exists. If that band was available for purchase, its the one I would have gotten instead of the knock-off I bought on Amazon.
    bigsmoke79 likes this.
    04-06-2017 04:26 PM
    Thanks for confirming I was genuinely happy when Apple announced they would sell the bands separately, just so the option to buy a replacement was there if needed.

Was only today speaking to a friend he said the ones apple are selling aren't the same as the one I have and on investigation it seems he was right.
    04-06-2017 04:32 PM
    04-06-2017 06:15 PM
    Was only today speaking to a friend he said the ones apple are selling aren't the same as the one I have and on investigation it seems he was right.
    He is absolutely right. I don't think there is any third-party band vendor who makes a band that is identical to any band Apple sells. Some are close, but no cigar.

But as has been said many times, some of the KOs are quite good and though not identical to Apple kit, they are a good bang for the buck. I lean towards Genuine Apple Bands® but if Apple drops a Sport band from the lineup, I'll look for a good KO no problem.

And I'll also say again– if for any reason you want only Apple kit, and you see a band you like, pull the trigger. Your choice may be on the You Snooze list.

Unfortunately in your mr. big, you never got a shot.
    04-06-2017 08:27 PM
    If you can be patient, now that Apple is selling them separately I would not be surprised if they will start selling them in other colors like they do with the regular sport bands.
    04-07-2017 10:03 AM
    That's the one I got. Its nice but its definitely thinner than an Apple band.
    04-10-2017 09:04 AM
    I don't know what it is, but I love these bands.
    04-10-2017 10:29 AM
    I don't know what it is, but I love these bands.
    I *just now* ordered the Black/Gray from prof's link. I've been eyeing it for awhile. It's a nice, subtle changeup from the stock black Sport band.
    04-17-2017 01:06 PM
    I *just now* ordered the Black/Gray from prof's link. I've been eyeing it for awhile. It's a nice, subtle changeup from the stock black Sport band.
    This band has gotten popular. Its the #1 best seller in its category for sales and the price has gone up by $2 since I ordered mine at the end of March.
    04-17-2017 01:51 PM
    And if you want it sooner than mid-May, it's gone up even further. I just paid $16.99 with free Prime shipping.
    04-18-2017 04:16 PM
    And if you want it sooner than mid-May, it's gone up even further. I just paid $16.99 with free Prime shipping.
    I paid $18, Prime Directive shipping, supposed to be here tomorrow. My Black Milanese Loop from CN is supposed to be here this Friday instead of mid-May. That slow boat from CN must have caught a following sea.
    04-18-2017 08:39 PM
    I paid $18, Prime Directive shipping, supposed to be here tomorrow. My Black Milanese Loop from CN is supposed to be here this Friday instead of mid-May. That slow boat from CN must have caught a following sea.
    04-18-2017 08:39 PM
    And now if you order the band, you can get a matching case for your watch for free:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XYMNKHS?tag=imore-20&th=1&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2924836
    04-19-2017 09:06 AM
    I just realized that I already have the Nike Black/Cool Gray Knock Off! I even posted a pic of it a while back. I'll just refuse delivery of this one. That could be a problem depending on who shipped it. Oy.
    04-19-2017 08:24 PM
    I just realized that I already have the Nike Black/Cool Gray Knock Off! I even posted a pic of it a while back. I'll just refuse delivery of this one. That could be a problem depending on who shipped it. Oy.
    How did you just realize? Was it hidden in a box somewhere?
    04-20-2017 08:57 AM
    I suspect the same thing will happen some day when you buy a new Apple watch and discover you already have it.
    04-20-2017 05:49 PM
    Was it hidden in a box somewhere?
    :rofl: That's exactly what happened! I used my Clockwork Synergy to store most of my bands. I was looking at a thread that showed the Black/Cool Gray band and thought 'Hey, he's got a MacBook, too. Hey, he uses exactly the same Watch face, too. Hey...'

So I opened up the box, pulled all the bands out, and whaddayaknow.

I suspect the same thing will happen some day when you buy a new Apple watch and discover you already have it.
    I'm reasonably sure that won't happen, but no guarantees. They're all on stands. LOL!
    04-20-2017 09:06 PM
    My cool gray Nike knock-off arrived yesterday and in fact I'm wearing it now. BUT, I guess I didn't look at the product web page close enough and so I was surprised that it wasn't three pieces like all my Moko bands. When I saw it in the package, the first thing I said was, "It's too long. Box it up and ship it back." My wife grabbed my other Nike band, put the new one next to it, and promptly snipped off the excess! Since you tuck in the excess length, the clipped end doesn't show and the band fits perfectly otherwise. Like the Moko bands, it's identical in appearance to the Apple product, just a bit thinner. I like it and it looks good. I wore it for my run and some lifting and the lightweight breathable design is nice.
    04-21-2017 03:51 PM
    My cool gray Nike knock-off arrived yesterday and in fact I'm wearing it now. BUT, I guess I didn't look at the product web page close enough and so I was surprised that it wasn't three pieces like all my Moko bands. When I saw it in the package, the first thing I said was, "It's too long. Box it up and ship it back." My wife grabbed my other Nike band, put the new one next to it, and promptly snipped off the excess! Since you tuck in the excess length, the clipped end doesn't show and the band fits perfectly otherwise. Like the Moko bands, it's identical in appearance to the Apple product, just a bit thinner. I like it and it looks good. I wore it for my run and some lifting and the lightweight breathable design is nice.
    If you want the S/M band, try contacting them. I did and they are sending one to me. They are also gave me a code to order the matching watch case.
    04-22-2017 07:06 AM
    Got my free matching case today...

New Nike Bands? Cool Grey Discontinued?-img_6852.jpg
    04-23-2017 06:43 PM
    If you want the S/M band, try contacting them. I did and they are sending one to me. They are also gave me a code to order the matching watch case.
    I probably would have done that had my wife not done surgery on my watch band.
    04-24-2017 04:57 PM