Do you cheat?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
As the title suggests does anyone out there apply the cheats and rewind time to get stand, move or exercise rings filled?

Today's the first time in 4 months I won't close them all (2 hours short on stand) but I know if I rewind time and "fix" it then it will become a habit.

What does everyone else do?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Huh?
Closing those rings without cheating is only beneficial to yourself. It's not like you're getting paid for closing them.
Plus, if you keep cheating with the rings, it will not do you any favors in the long run.
I don't think that's your intention.

Last edited:

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Huh?
Closing those rings without cheating is only beneficial to yourself. It's not like you're getting paid for closing them.
Plus, if you keep cheating with the rings, you'll be as round as a balloon and they'll have to roll you over to get from A to B. I don't think that's your intention.

No I'm not one to do it, just wondered if others have so they can keep the streak going.

As mentioned today is the first day in 4months I won't close them all.
I worked hard to get fit and earn the achievements and use the Watch as a motivator to workout.

On a side note... there are gyms in the UK where you get discount on your membership costs based on steps and Apple Activity or Fitbit data so it can be worth it.

For example an monthly cost would be £40.
For every 1000 steps over 12,000 you 10p off. In a month you can get your membership down to £30 just by walking to work and more by working out regularly.

Alternatively if you close all your rings every day for a month you save £10 (for those who don't walk/run but do cycle for example)

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
As the title suggests does anyone out there apply the cheats and rewind time to get stand, move or exercise rings filled?

Today's the first time in 4 months I won't close them all (2 hours short on stand) but I know if I rewind time and "fix" it then it will become a habit.

It's frustrating for sure, I hate having a day where I miss one of the rings. It's always Sundays too lol.

I'm missing the stand ring today even after doing 75 minutes on treadmill and then Pilates. It's not like I didn't exercise enough...so I get the temptation but no, I haven't cheated to correct it. I'm lucky that I have a bowflex, treadmill and aeropilates reformer in my home which makes working out a bit more convenient.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Heck no! If I fill the rings, fine. If I don't, fine...:)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
NO CHEATING!!!

I have filled every ring since I got my series 0 watch at launch, have not missed a single exercise or move goal, and only 1 stand goal missed in that time. But it was Apples fault. I installed a beta and my stand goal for the day got hosed. However, I have never cheated and wouldn't. That defeats the purpose ??????

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't cheat my rings, BUT I don't always complete them either. Tomorrow is another day!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Maybe some efforts at fixes or bugs are cheats???

My wife's had this happen several times, son a few times and twice for me with our AW2s. Your workouts don't register for your overall day.

A few days ago I had a 2 hour hike that covered miles done as outdoor walk open goal and a 1.4 mi walk with the dog. The green ring showed 23 minutes of activity. Various efforts to fix it didn't do anything including restarts. Late in the day I did 7 min of stretching and calisthenics and when that third mini workout was done both the watch and phone registered the 2+ hours. I'd call that a cheat because it was not particularly strenuous and mostly done to see if I could fix or change that not moving the rings problem.

Beyond that I don't know what cheating would be. It seems like since having the watch stuff my phone used to record needs my arm swinging so I'll think of keeping the watch hand free if I carry something across a building etc... That's really rooted more in wanting to know how many steps or miles I move.

I never seem to take the watch off during the day so is washing dishes, pots and pans cheating? Is putting the watch in swim mode when it might get wet cheating? I haven't looked in detail but if that makes it think you're swimming a few showers might have been cheating.

:)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
People actually do this??

What I thought. The watch has really been a nudge machine to help be more effective. I seem to be spending my time just doing stuff and not figuring out how you close the rings while sitting in a chair.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You would be surprised at what people will cheat at. Not like there is a prize for completing rings. Its all about your own progress.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
You bought an  Watch for a purpose, use it for that purpose. If that purpose was to get a few bucks off your gym membership you would've been better off applying the $400 bucks or whatever you spent on the watch to your gym account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711