New Bands!!! Who's getting them?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Shortages are not expected. At least through apple stores. We'll let me rephrase that. Once they get them in.

Never said there would be shortages. They're limited colors that will go away at some point. I'm sure it's a few months but who knows.
2a749e31c629e931a993d406b82240e8.jpg

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Probably get the black and volt Nike. Upset that the original green has been discontinued never to resurface again.

By 'original green band' do you mean a predominately green band (Volt/Black), or solid green band? How soon I forget.

I've seen a third-party Volt/Black band but don't recall a predominantly green Nike+ band from Apple. There's also a third-party Volt Sport (non-Nike+ style) band. 'Volt' may be a Nike trademark that I'm using somewhat indiscriminately.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
njlx2016 said:
Space Gray AW owners left in the dust. :-(

I don't agree. I think a lot of these bands will look great with the AWSG. I think that Midnight Blue Woven Nylon band would look great with the AWSG. A combo I often wear is my AWSG with the Midnight Blue Sport band. Maybe you don't like Midnight Blue.

But truth be told, I have several Watch colors because to me, some bands look better with some watches.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Rob Phillips said:
The new bands are all "summer colors"

Ok, I'm not a particularly color-aware guy when it comes to sartorial splendor, but this is Apple Spring collection. Generally speaking, are these spring colors, spring/summer colors, or summer colors?

jorge Hewitson said:
it is a variation of existing colors

Basically, that what all the bands are. I like that although some colors are so close to others, it takes a more refined eye than mine to know the difference if they're not side-by-side.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
By 'original green band' do you mean a predominately green band (Volt/Black), or solid green band? How soon I forget.

I've seen a third-party Volt/Black band but don't recall a predominantly green Nike+ band from Apple. There's also a third-party Volt Sport (non-Nike+ style) band. 'Volt' may be a Nike trademark that I'm using somewhat indiscriminately.

No, I mean the OG green band that came out with the Apple Watch 1st gen.

I like the Nike Black/Volt, so that's probably what I'll end up getting.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
zachpenguin said:
No, I mean the OG green band that came out with the Apple Watch 1st gen.
I'm not recalling that version. I did a search and didn't find what I thing you're referencing. Do you have a link?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
zachpenguin said:
They discontinued them when the Series 2 watch came out.

Ok. When I saw your mention immediately after the Black/Volt bit, I thought you meant there was a Nike+ green band that was discontinued, not the green Sport band. I'm awake and up to speed now.

As I mentioned in a much earlier thread, if you* see a band you like and want, don't wait. Apple was and still is treating the Watch as a fashion as well as fitness item. By cycling bands in than out, they create a sense of fashion and exclusivity.

Some third-party band offer a very good ROI while others are just cheap junk, so it may still be possible to find a color you like if Genuine Apple Bands™ aren't a requirement.

*'you' in the above two paragraphs is used exclusively in the 'royal' or editorial usage. No contention, condescension, or consternation is stated or implied.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
They started putting the limited time moniker on bands after people started to complain they couldn't get the original band colors like Green or the Fog band. This just covers their butts so in 6 months if someone complains they can say they were limited ??????

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Is it more limited than the other bands? I didn't see that. And when I look up camellia I don't see a reference to color. I'm gonna need a bigger dictionary.

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 1.19.07 PM.pngIf you look at the newer colored Classic Leather, Woven and Sports Bands you'll see on the bottom left that it says available for a limited time only.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
They started putting the limited time moniker on bands after people started to complain they couldn't get the original band colors like Green or the Fog band. This just covers their butts so in 6 months if someone complains they can say they were limited ������

Lol right... because people like myself are still fussing about that Royal Blue band that I can't find anywhere!!!!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am going to the Apple Store tomorrow to get my beta watch flashed... I hope it does not turn into an expensive trip ??????

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
As I mentioned in a much earlier thread, if you* see a band you like and want, don't wait. Apple was and still is treating the Watch as a fashion as well as fitness item.

Definitely! Like @DarlaMack said some of us want the blue that's not available anymore.

By cycling bands in than out, they create a sense of fashion and exclusivity.
You misspelled "make more money" 🤣

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
You misspelled "make more money" 🤣

This. :rotfl:

At launch I was surprised by the sheer number of combinations of watch/band combos they had. I'm sure there were combinations that didn't sell. Now there really are no choices. When I went to get my series 2, I wanted the silver sport with the pearl nylon band but they were never available. So I ended up with the white sport band. Which is the exact band I had from my original watch from the year before.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This. :rotfl:

At launch I was surprised by the sheer number of combinations of watch/band combos they had. I'm sure there were combinations that didn't sell. Now there really are no choices. When I went to get my series 2, I wanted the silver sport with the pearl nylon band but they were never available. So I ended up with the white sport band. Which is the exact band I had from my original watch from the year before.

I wasn't sure about the white sport band when I got my SS (wanted the black) but I find myself wearing the white 99% of the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox