New Bands!!! Who's getting them?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
this happened.....
117262d1490370071-new-bands-who-s-getting-them-img_6249.jpg.jpeg

That's EXACTLY what I'm afraid of, though I think you got off light.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I really, really need some of those new sport bands! I'll let you all have the nylon

Yeah I tried the nylon bands when they first came out an I was not a fan. I think if the connection at the lugs was tapered like the Floromastomer and other bands I would like them more. It just looked weird to me.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I really, really need some of those new sport bands! I'll let you all have the nylon

I like the nylon but the sport are more comfortable. Really wanted one of the new bands, but may just get the new leather and be done with it. I'm afraid to drop $150 on it only to find I still use the sport band. Guess I could always take it back...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I like the nylon but the sport are more comfortable. Really wanted one of the new bands, but may just get the new leather and be done with it. I'm afraid to drop $150 on it only to find I still use the sport band. Guess I could always take it back...

I can't see dropping 150 on one. Amazon, you're my only friend!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I've bought a generic band and sent it back. Even the reviews were good but I didn't like the look of the band. Tried another one and same thing. At some point it's just "get the official one and move on".

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've bought a generic band and sent it back. Even the reviews were good but I didn't like the look of the band. Tried another one and same thing. At some point it's just "get the official one and move on".

Which is why I'm rocking the Milanese loop that came with the watch and sport bands only.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
robertk328 said:
I'm afraid to drop $150 on it only to find I still use the sport band. Guess I could always take it back...

No, you don't want a $150 band to sit in the box.

mumfoau said:

I had a tough time debating that with myself. There are some high quality third-party leather bands available for decent money, but none so far match the look and style I wanted for the Apple Watch. They tend to be too bulky looking. It would be like making a Milanese loop band with the same chain truckers use to attached their wallets to their belts. Ok, maybe that's a bit extreme, but there it is. I've got a couple/three leather bands but the give the Watches a different character than I like.

So I broke down and got the previous Classic Buckle Leather in Saddle Brown. I really like this band. It's light, and has simple elegant detail befitting a nice looking watch. Typical Apple Bespoke.

Leather watch bands aren't daily drivers for me so I plan to swap them out from time to time, and I'll probably use it with my SS and GA Watches. I'll try it with a SA Watch when I get one, but that's a 'wait and see'.

I just got a notification that my $13 KO* Milanese loop (black, no SP :( ) has been accepted by the China post office so should be starting its journey soon. Another non-daily driver but I hope it looks better than $13.

I like my Nylon bands but they do need a little break-in. The fluoroelastomer bands are pretty much my everyday bands because they're instantly comfortable and so quick to put on. I love the ingenuity behind their closure.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

I had the same issue with the nomad band. Got lucky and got the one I wanted for 50% off. I may find myself getting one of the Nike bands in a few few days possibly .

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue with the nomad band. Got lucky and got the one I wanted for 50% off. I may find myself getting one of the Nike bands in a few few days possibly .

I m loving the Nike+ bands. Since I got them last week its the only bands I have used ??????

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
SyedWaqasHassan said:
i can't find any not available here...

Nike+ bands? There was a Platinum/Volt (?) band when they first launched that's not available now. There are several Apple non-Nike bands that have been dropped from the lineup since the Watches first launched.

There are four Apple bands on my radar:

Azure Sport
Pebble Sport
Tahoe Blue Woven Nylon
Midnight Blue Woven Nylon

Maybe a Red Sport? Red has never been a big color for me, but it does look nice as a Sport band.

I like the Leather Taupe but don't care for the new buckle. I've got one Apple Classic Leather and that's all my wallet will let me have, in good conscience.

Those four are new so I've got some time to order them. I've got two dropped bands on order and was lucky to get them.

<sigh> I now qualify for a Watch band case.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm at least four bands behind, myself.

Two a month is what I'm trying to hold to. A couple of Woven and several pastel Sports. Not so much the metal bands. :rotfl: