Space Gray AW owners left in the dust. :-(
    I don't agree. I think a lot of these bands will look great with the AWSG. I think that Midnight Blue Woven Nylon band would look great with the AWSG. A combo I often wear is my AWSG with the Midnight Blue Sport band. Maybe you don't like Midnight Blue.

But truth be told, I have several Watch colors because to me, some bands look better with some watches.
    03-23-2017 07:45 AM
    The new bands are all "summer colors"
    Ok, I'm not a particularly color-aware guy when it comes to sartorial splendor, but this is Apple Spring collection. Generally speaking, are these spring colors, spring/summer colors, or summer colors?

it is a variation of existing colors
    Basically, that what all the bands are. I like that although some colors are so close to others, it takes a more refined eye than mine to know the difference if they're not side-by-side.
    03-23-2017 07:52 AM
    By 'original green band' do you mean a predominately green band (Volt/Black), or solid green band? How soon I forget.

I've seen a third-party Volt/Black band but don't recall a predominantly green Nike+ band from Apple. There's also a third-party Volt Sport (non-Nike+ style) band. 'Volt' may be a Nike trademark that I'm using somewhat indiscriminately.
    No, I mean the OG green band that came out with the Apple Watch 1st gen.

I like the Nike Black/Volt, so that's probably what I'll end up getting.
    03-23-2017 08:11 AM
    No, I mean the OG green band that came out with the Apple Watch 1st gen.
    I'm not recalling that version. I did a search and didn't find what I thing you're referencing. Do you have a link?
    03-23-2017 08:14 AM
    I'm not recalling that version. I did a search and didn't find what I thing you're referencing. Do you have a link?
    Like, the launch bands???

They discontinued them when the Series 2 watch came out.
    03-23-2017 08:18 AM
    They discontinued them when the Series 2 watch came out.
    Ok. When I saw your mention immediately after the Black/Volt bit, I thought you meant there was a Nike+ green band that was discontinued, not the green Sport band. I'm awake and up to speed now.

As I mentioned in a much earlier thread, if you* see a band you like and want, don't wait. Apple was and still is treating the Watch as a fashion as well as fitness item. By cycling bands in than out, they create a sense of fashion and exclusivity.

Some third-party band offer a very good ROI while others are just cheap junk, so it may still be possible to find a color you like if Genuine Apple Bands™ aren't a requirement.

*'you' in the above two paragraphs is used exclusively in the 'royal' or editorial usage. No contention, condescension, or consternation is stated or implied.
    03-23-2017 08:56 AM
    They started putting the limited time moniker on bands after people started to complain they couldn't get the original band colors like Green or the Fog band. This just covers their butts so in 6 months if someone complains they can say they were limited
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-23-2017 10:02 AM

Is it more limited than the other bands? I didn't see that. And when I look up camellia I don't see a reference to color. I'm gonna need a bigger dictionary.
    New Bands!!! Who's getting them?-screen-shot-2017-03-23-1.19.07-pm.pngIf you look at the newer colored Classic Leather, Woven and Sports Bands you'll see on the bottom left that it says available for a limited time only.
    03-23-2017 12:28 PM
    They started putting the limited time moniker on bands after people started to complain they couldn't get the original band colors like Green or the Fog band. This just covers their butts so in 6 months if someone complains they can say they were limited ������
    Lol right... because people like myself are still fussing about that Royal Blue band that I can't find anywhere!!!!
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-23-2017 12:29 PM
    I am going to the Apple Store tomorrow to get my beta watch flashed... I hope it does not turn into an expensive trip
    03-23-2017 12:37 PM
    As I mentioned in a much earlier thread, if you* see a band you like and want, don't wait. Apple was and still is treating the Watch as a fashion as well as fitness item.
    Definitely! Like @DarlaMack said some of us want the blue that's not available anymore.

By cycling bands in than out, they create a sense of fashion and exclusivity.
    You misspelled "make more money" 🤣
    DarlaMack likes this.
    03-23-2017 01:10 PM
    You misspelled "make more money" 🤣
    This.

At launch I was surprised by the sheer number of combinations of watch/band combos they had. I'm sure there were combinations that didn't sell. Now there really are no choices. When I went to get my series 2, I wanted the silver sport with the pearl nylon band but they were never available. So I ended up with the white sport band. Which is the exact band I had from my original watch from the year before.
    03-23-2017 04:05 PM
    This.

At launch I was surprised by the sheer number of combinations of watch/band combos they had. I'm sure there were combinations that didn't sell. Now there really are no choices. When I went to get my series 2, I wanted the silver sport with the pearl nylon band but they were never available. So I ended up with the white sport band. Which is the exact band I had from my original watch from the year before.
    I wasn't sure about the white sport band when I got my SS (wanted the black) but I find myself wearing the white 99% of the time.
    03-23-2017 05:44 PM
    03-24-2017 10:41 AM
    You misspelled "make more money"
    I would have thought 'exclusivity' was self-explanatory. It never, ever means 'saves you money'.
    03-24-2017 12:35 PM
    I wasn't sure about the white sport band when I got my SS (wanted the black) but I find myself wearing the white 99% of the time.
    Good God! NOT after Labor Day, I hope!
    njlx2016 and ReeseyKups like this.
    03-24-2017 12:36 PM
    this happened.....
    That's EXACTLY what I'm afraid of, though I think you got off light.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    03-24-2017 12:38 PM
    That's EXACTLY what I'm afraid of, though I think you got off light.
    I brought one of my beta Watches in to get re-flashed. I will need to go back next week to pick it up It might get worse
    03-24-2017 12:46 PM
    Like Mac Guy, I'm pretty happy with my Moko bands for a lot less.
    Sad that I can't find any Moko silicone bands on Amazon. Needed a white for the summer. 😢
    03-28-2017 06:35 AM
    I really, really need some of those new sport bands! I'll let you all have the nylon
    03-28-2017 07:33 AM
    I really, really need some of those new sport bands! I'll let you all have the nylon
    Yeah I tried the nylon bands when they first came out an I was not a fan. I think if the connection at the lugs was tapered like the Floromastomer and other bands I would like them more. It just looked weird to me.
    03-28-2017 09:28 AM
    I like the nylon but the sport are more comfortable. Really wanted one of the new bands, but may just get the new leather and be done with it. I'm afraid to drop $150 on it only to find I still use the sport band. Guess I could always take it back...
    03-29-2017 04:32 AM
    I like the nylon but the sport are more comfortable. Really wanted one of the new bands, but may just get the new leather and be done with it. I'm afraid to drop $150 on it only to find I still use the sport band. Guess I could always take it back...
    I can't see dropping 150 on one. Amazon, you're my only friend!
    03-29-2017 04:58 AM
    I can't see dropping 150 on one. Amazon, you're my only friend!
    I've bought a generic band and sent it back. Even the reviews were good but I didn't like the look of the band. Tried another one and same thing. At some point it's just "get the official one and move on".
    03-29-2017 05:02 AM
    I've bought a generic band and sent it back. Even the reviews were good but I didn't like the look of the band. Tried another one and same thing. At some point it's just "get the official one and move on".
    Which is why I'm rocking the Milanese loop that came with the watch and sport bands only.
    robertk328 likes this.
    03-29-2017 05:06 AM
56 123