Notifications With Apple Watch

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had an Apple Watch for several months now, and I just noticed something yesterday. I've noticed that my iPhone won't give me an audio notification to messages. Is this normal?Is there a way to get audio notifications on the iPhone?

thejasonhowell

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had an Apple Watch for several months now, and I just noticed something yesterday. I've noticed that my iPhone won't give me an audio notification to messages. Is this normal?Is there a way to get audio notifications on the iPhone?

If your iPhone's screen is on notifications will only appear there. If it's off and in your pocket then notifications only appear in the watch

Last edited:

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Possibly in a future release of the OS. As of now though getting notified in multiple places is not something that is possible.
That's a shame because if I'm moving my hands then I don't always feel the vibration even with it turned to high.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Will that allow me to get notifications on my phone?

Confirmed. I just turned wrist detection off and had a friend send me a text message. I got audio and vibration alert on both my iPhone and Apple Watch. However, I use the health app and in particular Pedometer++ so I'll turn wrist detection back on now.

Hope this helps.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed. I just turned wrist detection off and had a friend send me a text message. I got audio and vibration alert on both my iPhone and Apple Watch. However, I use the health app and in particular Pedometer++ so I'll turn wrist detection back on now.

Hope this helps.

That helps a lot, thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2