Minnie mouse watch face uses more battery?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the first GEN Apple Watch and I've noticed whenever I use the mini mouse watch face my battery is pretty much depleted by the end of the day. I usually have close to 50% left with the other watch faces.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I never thought about it but it's more animation than the second hand. Combined with Raise the Wrist this isn't two surprising.

Now aware of this, what's surprising is not hearing about this before now. Maybe it's also a function of the battery aging?

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me with the Modular face running the ETA complication.. The constant refreshing was getting me down into the 20's after a 12-14hr day...

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Well, the battery is dead again! So it wasn't the watch face. Any ideas what it could be?? If it keeps doing this, I will take it to the Apple store

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
No. What I'm trying now is not having the screen wake when I raise my wrist. I changed it to wake when I tap it. So far so good. It's been about 10 hours today and I have 66% left.

That really shouldn't be necessary. How much HRM usage are you getting? You don't have GPS, so I'm just trying to think of things that use extra battery.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I concur. Unless your making pizzas the old fashioned way, or have some other kind of activity where your hands are always moving, I wonder if the Watch isn't in need of Apple scrutiny.

Ha! No pizza making here. The problem seems to be sporadic; so I really don't know what's wrong if anything. At the end of the day yesterday, I had over 50% remaining which is normal for me.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the WSJ on my Apple Watch and noticed when I removed it the battery lasted longer. I didn't even use the app much either. It could be an app that is doing it. You could do a process of elimation and take some apps off to see if you notice a difference. I also had another app that would just hang and not load so I took it off as well.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The watch faces on the Watch should not deplete the battery that much. I would start by checking apps with complication and see if they are the cause. Also it never hurts to reboot the Watch. Press and hold the Digital Crown and the button at the same time until the Apple logo comes up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR