Anyone Still Using First Gen Apple Watch?

johnalee

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I just approved your post.
I'm not sure why you can't get the Apple watch beta.

I don't know either, I restarted and repaired my watch it just won't load? Oh well no biggie. Maybe I'll try again tonight. I noticed your avatar, are you a Marine? My son is on his second tour, he is in Kuwait.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know either, I restarted and repaired my watch it just won't load? Oh well no biggie. Maybe I'll try again tonight. I noticed your avatar, are you a Marine? My son is on his second tour, he is in Kuwait.

Yes I'm an inactive Marine.
Tell your Son "Ooooo Raaaah"

johnalee

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
ab6be710d5a17746b8cd33ba2f4dac37.jpg

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It looks like Target is having a sale on some of the Series 1 38 and 42mm Aluminum Watches. I don't know how long it's in effect.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Still running like a champ. Do I want it quicker? Sure but I mostly use notifications, not apps, so not seeing much of an issue. watchOS3 made loading easier which was enough for me :)

I use Carrot Weather and Fantastical mostly.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Are you a registered Apple developer? The beta for the Watch is only for developers. However, 3.2 public release came out yesterday so you can upgrade to that now.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I just cleared my last Watch of the beta token. I'm fine with waiting for the Public Release.

MAYBE if one of them has a killer feature, I'll get back in. Going to the wOS3 beta was well worth the time. I don't know that there will be another update as significant the jump from wOS2 to 3.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've still got my First Gen Apple Watch Sport, wore it all the time for a year then got bored of it....however, I've gone back to it now. For me there is no point in changing it for one of the newer models.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've still got my First Gen Apple Watch Sport, wore it all the time for a year then got bored of it....however, I've gone back to it now. For me there is no point in changing it for one of the newer models.

How did you get bored with it? I have the 1st gen and it does what I thought it would, and still does it well. :)

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
How did you get bored with it? I have the 1st gen and it does what I thought it would, and still does it well. :)

To be honest I was a little fed up of having to charge it every night, but that wasn't the end of the world as you get use to it. I just go through phases and for me the Apple Watch phase was complete.

I've put it back in today, but unfortunately can't see me wearing it again tomorrow .

Let's see what comes out later in the year, might be time for a change again.

Last edited:

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest I was a little fed up of having to charge it every night, but that wasn't the end of the world as you get use to it. I just go through fazes and for me the Apple Watch faze was complete.
If you wear it to sleep I can see, but otherwise I always take my watch off anyway so I would just charge it when taking it off.

I do know those who want to track sleep, etc., so you can just charge while in the shower. It charges fast!

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess what I wanted in a watch changed.

As I said, I've gone back to wearing it today but by lunchtime I was wishing I had my normal watch...oh well, back in the box it goes for now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2