Does the Apple Watch perform better in terms of battery using wifi or Bluetooth , or is it about the same?
    12-27-2016 03:17 PM
    It uses them both. If you are near your phone then it is connected to it via BT LE. If you are not close enough to the phone then it will connect to known WiFi networks to give you limited connectivity.
    12-27-2016 03:44 PM
    Any Watch? I have one of the new Series 1 watches, my first Apple Watch.
    12-27-2016 03:53 PM
    If I turn off the Bluetooth on my phone it uses the wifi- is that using less battery compared to having my Bluetooth on?
    12-27-2016 04:03 PM
    If I turn off the Bluetooth on my phone it uses the wifi- is that using less battery compared to having my Bluetooth on?
    Honestly, the difference would be negligible. If you think about it with BT on you are getting all the notifications etc from the phone, but with BT off you are only getting things that will work over WiFi like iMessages.

I am a heavy, heavy watch user and I can get a full day if not longer with my S2 watch. I would not worry too much about it.

You could also run a test. Use the watch normally on one day and then the next turn of BT and see what the battery level difference is.
    12-28-2016 08:18 AM
    No, BT LE is more efficient than WiFi. But I agree the difference is negligible. I've tried turning off WiFi when I'm out and about but it's a drag. The phone is always reminding me that Maps (and other GPS related apps) works better with WiFi enabled, and I always forget to turn it back on when I get home. I end up using more data than I should (unlimited data, but still...). Not worth the hassle for me.

Any Watch? I have one of the new Series 1 watches, my first Apple Watch.
    Yes, it's the same for all the Watches so far.
    12-28-2016 09:56 AM
    I'd recommend turning on bluetooth on the phone always. Better yet, having it always connected is the way it's designed to be. If you need to save battery life, the crucial change to make a difference is having the Raise to Wake Feature turned off. Disabling bluetooth actually drains the watch's battery life, according to Apple.
    Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple
    12-30-2016 08:26 PM