Is it worth buying an Apple Watch at all?

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Alright guys, I read all your messages and I went to the Apple Store the other day to test it. I really got sold on the controlling music part, because that's the biggest reason I take my phone out of the pocket. Also the messages part as some of you pointed out seemed more useful than I thought. And the last one, even though I won't make much use of it during the whole year, is the fact that the Watch app from my airline company, sends real time notifications when the gates open, which for me is really useful, since last time I almost missed the plane thanks to being too distracted listening to music...
Once again thanks guys for your feedback!!

farvardinzad

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I use mine as a watch first and foremost. I almost get two full days with all notifications turned on so no problem using it as a capable digital watch. The fact that it's beautiful doesn't hurt either. I have the stainless steel one with Milanese loop. All other capabilities such as notifications, weather and health tracker are welcome extras for me. If you're like me, the go for it.

anon(8910885)

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine too for the first time. I still do have the same doubtful opinion as you, but since I have a pretty good Apple setup in my daily products, I have a pretty good reason to get one aside from getting it because I want a new time keeper rather than relying only on the phone. It will benefit me doing things such as notifications, music, messages, and (not important) unlocking my Mac. Other than that, I haven't really found it as a necessity. It's a companion device. It's nice to have. And being a heavy Apple user, it makes sense for me if I'm ever going to buy a watch, I would go for this one.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine too for the first time. I still do have the same doubtful opinion as you, but since I have a pretty good Apple setup in my daily products, I have a pretty good reason to get one aside from getting it because I want a new time keeper rather than relying only on the phone. It will benefit me doing things such as notifications, music, messages, and (not important) unlocking my Mac. Other than that, I haven't really found it as a necessity. It's a companion device. It's nice to have. And being a heavy Apple user, it makes sense for me if I'm ever going to buy a watch, I would go for this one.

It's not a necessity like the phone is not a necessity. But they're both great to have :)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It's not a necessity like the phone is not a necessity. But they're both great to have

Yep. And you may find that after using the Watch for a time (LOL) your new companion becomes nearly indispensable. While the Watch is an extension/companion to the phone, it does several handy things without it. My personal favorites are Apple Pay and the timer.

frrc21

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
I just have to say that you guys are really lucky to have Apple Pay... Here in Portugal, I don't think we will ever do since Apple hasn't even opened an official Apple Store...

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I love mine! I exercise doing cross fit and love the on spot heart rate , so I know how intense I need to make my workout. The fact that I can see my text messages and incoming calls makes it a must have for me. Now that they have expended the ways you can respond to text messages I love it more.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I find it useful in situations where i feel it is a bit dis tasteful to take out your phone.

Also sometimes by hand is dirty working on the car or whatever and i can see what the notification is or who is calling to see if i want to answer it.

Also i sometimes miss notifications on my phone when in my pocket and walking whereas i can feel the watch vibrate. While i don't use it a lot, it comes in handy when i need it.

I personally picked up a first gen Apple watch with the sapphire glass and Milanese band for around $200 used and don't regret it one bit. Well worth it. Now if i had to pay $700 new then i would not be so enthusiastic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2