Apple Watch Cult Status

farvardinzad

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
It's like the first iPhone. Although now under powered, no other iPhone enjoys the same cult status. Same with the first Apple Watch. I believe I'll hold on to it as long as it's functional.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
It's like the first iPhone. Although now under powered, no other iPhone enjoys the same cult status. Same with the first Apple Watch. I believe I'll hold on to it as long as it's functional.

Exact same sentiments. The Series 2 does not really meet up to my expectations so will be sticking to my current first gen until next year perhaps when Series 3 (if it's called that) is out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about it having "cult" status, but I don't have any plans to replace it until it no longer fulfill my smart watch needs.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think ascribing it 'cult status' at this point is a little pre-mature. In any event I've got love for all my Watches and have no plans to replace any of them though my Au Al AWS2 does make my Au AW a somewhat redundant.

The real consideration is how long will I be able to use any generation of Watch? Macs and iPhone eventually become obsolete, as in basically unusable. (I don't conform to the Internet convention of calling a model 'obsolete' just because a newer version is released).

Having the battery replaced outside of warranty will be a wake-up call for many of us.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
It's kind of hard to attribute cult status when no one else can tell the difference in AWo vs AW1 vs AW2. The only thing "different" anyone notices between my SS space black original and my Nike+ AW2 is the band.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Well, the design of the original Apple Watch is not unique to the original Apple Watch, Series 1 and Series 2 models look basically identical – I doubt there's going to be a cult around them…

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Speaking of the first gen AW, think some of you might be aware that nearly 3 mths ago, my first AW's rear sensor plate became loose and could not operate anymore, went through quite some processes before Apple replaced it with a brand new one, even when out of warranty.

This morning when taking it off the charger, the rear sensor plate of the replacement piece dislodged again! I was told by my local service centre that it has 3 mths warranty and now it's just 2 mths+, so it's off to the service centre later.

Just terribly disappointed and it's the only Apple product I own over the many years that gave so much problems. Will see what happens thereafter.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of the first gen AW, think some of you might be aware that nearly 3 mths ago, my first AW's rear sensor plate became loose and could not operate anymore, went through quite some processes before Apple replaced it with a brand new one, even when out of warranty.

This morning when taking it off the charger, the rear sensor plate of the replacement piece dislodged again! I was told by my local service centre that it has 3 mths warranty and now it's just 2 mths+, so it's off to the service centre later.

Just terribly disappointed and it's the only Apple product I own over the many years that gave so much problems. Will see what happens thereafter.

I've seen this a bunch. A few things I do:

1. Slide the watch off the charger, don't pull straight up. A stand helps. I use one like this Spigen in the iMore store.
  2. Let the watch cool before removing. It gets warm, which seems to soften the glue. Either let it get to 100% or unplug it if you need to, and wait a few minutes before sliding it off.
My watch is over a year old now and I haven't had any issues. I do realize the issue is not on all watches but these steps should help quite a bit.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I've seen this a bunch. A few things I do:

1. Slide the watch off the charger, don't pull straight up. A stand helps. I use one like this Spigen in the iMore store.
  2. Let the watch cool before removing. It gets warm, which seems to soften the glue. Either let it get to 100% or unplug it if you need to, and wait a few minutes before sliding it off.
My watch is over a year old now and I haven't had any issues. I do realize the issue is not on all watches but these steps should help quite a bit.

Thanks for the tips my friend. I'm using the Spigen S350 but always removed it immediately after charging and removing it by pulling outwards.

The watch was sent in today and I will definitely take note of your tips.