Apple Watch Wishlist

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Sewing as how there are iMore articles talking about iOS 11 wishlists, I figured I'd create a thread for things we'd like to see in the next Apple Watch update (this can be hardware or software).

Here's a few from me:

- Bring back the favorite contacts menu. I got to play around with that a bit on a demo watch before WatchOS 3 came out, and found it quite convenient. Heck, a similar thing for iPhone favourite contacts would be cool too!

- Shortcut to wake screen with wrist movement toggle. Add a button to toggle this on/off by swiping up! I have a feeling this is what killed my watch a few nights ago. My watch hand is the same hand I hold a microphone when singing/hosting karaoke, and I probably was waking the screen constantly. Maybe even a timer of when this mode is active or not may help.

- Ability to see what apps are using the most power. Another handy thing to assist with battery life.

As for hardware, I'm honestly rather happy with the watch so far!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I like both of those. I do think we'll see some kind of Friends/Favorites app for the Dock. I' hoping. The idea of a quick, temporary 'mute' for the display is good, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

A round Watch and rectangular Watch faces for the current Watches.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
My most important app is Workout for my runs. I would LOVE to see easily accessible weekly, monthly, and annual stats similar to what the Garmin app provides.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Sewing as how there are iMore articles talking about iOS 11 wishlists, I figured I'd create a thread for things we'd like to see in the next Apple Watch update (this can be hardware or software).

Here's a few from me:

- Bring back the favorite contacts menu. I got to play around with that a bit on a demo watch before WatchOS 3 came out, and found it quite convenient. Heck, a similar thing for iPhone favourite contacts would be cool too!

- Shortcut to wake screen with wrist movement toggle. Add a button to toggle this on/off by swiping up! I have a feeling this is what killed my watch a few nights ago. My watch hand is the same hand I hold a microphone when singing/hosting karaoke, and I probably was waking the screen constantly. Maybe even a timer of when this mode is active or not may help.

- Ability to see what apps are using the most power. Another handy thing to assist with battery life.

As for hardware, I'm honestly rather happy with the watch so far!

You can choose not to wake screen with wrist movements in settings. Just choose to tap to wake screen.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I know you can disable that setting, but having it either a tap away in the quick settings, or on a timer would help.

Yes. One use I can think of at the moment is at the movies. I turn off my phone and select my rig–for–red Movie Mode watch face. It's not particularly difficult or tedious, but a 3D touch to wake the Watch and bring up a menu to toggle off/on Wake on Raise or set a timer would be handy.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73