- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Mac auto unlock with Watch details
I have young kids who sometimes can't resist typing on my macbook keyboard.
If I got a iWatch and enabled auto unlock, would I be able to control (from the watch) when and if the laptop was unlocked?
What if I walk away after it's auto-unlocked -- does it immediately re-lock or wait for the usual screensaver timeout?
- 10-17-2016, 09:36 AM #2iMore Intermediate
- 474 Posts
Re: Mac auto unlock with Watch details
I think the only functionality of the Watch is to unlock your Mac. That's it.
There's been no mention of geo-fencing, so I imagine the Mac doesn't lock when your watch is out of range. You walk away and it's up to the Mac to lock at a timed interval you select.
- 10-19-2016, 08:33 AM #3
- By 1rod_man6 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 2Last Post: 10-19-2016, 12:04 AM
- By jobosumm in forum Apple Watch Apps & GamesReplies: 4Last Post: 10-17-2016, 06:32 PM
- By mchi5 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 3Last Post: 10-17-2016, 07:15 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-17-2016, 01:51 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-16-2016, 02:24 PM