Mac auto unlock with Watch details

binf

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I have young kids who sometimes can't resist typing on my macbook keyboard.

If I got a iWatch and enabled auto unlock, would I be able to control (from the watch) when and if the laptop was unlocked?

What if I walk away after it's auto-unlocked -- does it immediately re-lock or wait for the usual screensaver timeout?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think the only functionality of the Watch is to unlock your Mac. That's it.

There's been no mention of geo-fencing, so I imagine the Mac doesn't lock when your watch is out of range. You walk away and it's up to the Mac to lock at a timed interval you select.

JML5150

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have young kids who sometimes can't resist typing on my macbook keyboard.

If I got a iWatch and enabled auto unlock, would I be able to control (from the watch) when and if the laptop was unlocked?

What if I walk away after it's auto-unlocked -- does it immediately re-lock or wait for the usual screensaver timeout?

If you want the power to lock and unlock at will try Mac ID, its in the app store for .99-2.99 I believe. It supports all iOS devices including the apple watch, and it was around before this update. I personally use it.

kenjaminli

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
If you want the power to lock and unlock at will try Mac ID, its in the app store for .99-2.99 I believe. It supports all iOS devices including the apple watch, and it was around before this update. I personally use it.
You can also use tap pattern (tapping on track pad) to lock/unlock your Mac. Pretty cool app.

kenjaminli

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
is it just me... but then I close my MacBook Pro, from time to time, my Apple Watch would unlock my MacBook Pro. anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW